Windows Vista ntldr missing

anfieldroad

hello everyone hope someone can help me out here i tried to install xp on asus eepc 900a ,with a usb stick as there is no dvd drive b ut now all i get is the ntlr missing press any key to restart and then i get reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key,

How`re ye Anfield - i will try to help if i can....
info is a bit sketchy that you have given - have you successfully installed xp on the machine? and are getting the "ntldr is missing" as it tries to boot up?
Or are you trying to load a new copy of xp on to the machine and are unable to install it?
I am guessing it is the second choice - if so you will need to have a "bootable" copy of windows xp on the usb stick -
turn on your machine and press "f2" or else "f12" on the keyboard - this should bring you to the menu screen - go to "boot options" and make sure you set your comp to "boot from usb" - press "f10" and exit - now your computer should read "press any key to boot from media device" - it will load the deivers and ask if you want to format the disk - choos the "quick format" option and you should be good to go.
Hope this helps you,
Knotaclu

It would mean that the current installation of XP on the system has been corruped for whatever reason, perhaps some core files were deleted that help to run the system. You'll have to re-install XP on that machine. As instructed by Knotaclu. Go into the boot menu and select the first boot device to be your USB stick and not the laptops internal hard drive. Do it this way, and not through quick boot as i've experienced that the keyboard will not respond to your key strokes if the device used to install XP is accessed through quickboot rather than going into the bios and selecting your first boot device to be the on that will be installing XP on to that system. To get into the bios it will vary from one machinet to another, usually its 'DEL' or 'F2' It should say when booting up which key does what. If any problems to arise then please do come back and let us know. Good luck.(y)

thanx for your reply knot i installed xp on it from a usb then when i rebooted i got the ntldr message,i have tryied pressing f2 and f12 still nothing happens:idea:

hi everyone just managed to get this message on the screen, HDD SM-ASUS-PHISON SSD, and the machine says please select boot device:idea:

sorry about this but eepc run out of battery now am back to the press ank key again

I don't mean to cut across any of the previous posters :)

I have performed this operation many times and it is vital that you don't remove the USB pen drive too soon. Doing so will end in either the NTLDR missing or the HALL.DLL error.

Do you think you might have removed the USB Pen Drive too soon?

It should not be removed until the second reboot & you are actually at the XP Desktop.

-

Have a look at this anfieldroad

[YOUTUBE]2Vt_8p0VllY&feature=PlayList&p=27F988EECDAF0AA1&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=20[/YOUTUBE]

-

As G and the others have stated, and you admitted you removed the USB stick too soon. You would be best to start from scratch, in my opinion, and do the process over. It does no harm to leave the USB stick in longer than necessary. Just wait until everything is up and running before you remove it and you should be good to go.

got wintoflash on usb guna try to get it to work,let use know how i get on

i am in the bios menu in the boot part of it,it says in this order 1st boot device <removable dev.> 2nd boot device hdd sm asus phison 3rd boot device atapi cd rom, please help which do i pick

It will need to boot from the removable device until the installation is complete. Then you will need to change it back to your HDD.

well what can i say about techking again everytime i av had a prob use have come up with the answer i want to thank all those who helped me with my problem,cheers all

Back