Null modem cable and adapter

Hi I have tried flashing firmware onto my box Openbox v8s with an over the network firmware update as a result my but is now stuck on "LOAD" and won't boot im guessing my box was not genuine and may be a

clone but not sure i got it off amazon which said it was genuine so not 100% sure if the details are correct

so after reading the section at the top about recovering dead boxes i know i need a null modem cable with handshaking

but i don't know how to find one ideally would like to buy it off amazon i have got a windows 10 laptop so would a null modem be compatible if i bought this adapter from amazon (sorry can't post links as i don't have enough posts)

Ugreen USB to RS232 Serial DB9 9 pin Converter Adapter Cable Compatible with Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP/2000 and Mac OS X 10.6 to 10.11 EI Capitan,Driverless for Win8.1/8, with PL2303 Chipset 1m,

would this work?

Any help would be great linking me to the correct null modem cable ideally off amazon or ebay don't want to buy the wrong cable...

thanks in advance

Last edited:
You need a RS232 null modem cable with prolific usb adapter---always read the full description as a good supplier will tell you if it's good for sat boxes.
I use windows 10 desktop with no problems when reflashing.
Reaper.

You need a RS232 null modem cable with prolific usb adapter---always read the full description as a good supplier will tell you if it's good for sat boxes.
I use windows 10 desktop with no problems when reflashing.
Reaper.

I tried your suggestion with the adapter it worked great thanks very much for the help!

Back