Nvidea shield. Buy or not ?

Any decent Android device is snappier than a Firestick and you get Ethernet port and usb ports built in.
I do prefer AOS compared to ATV
but that’s just a personal thing.

I do like mine, but I don't think I fully utilise it - also irritating that it doesn't support the Now TV app (I buy the odd Sky Sports daypass). I keep considering switching to a cube to have that added

I still think when on offer the firestick for just IPTV, and in my case stramio is a bargain

I do like mine, but I don't think I fully utilise it - also irritating that it doesn't support the Now TV app (I buy the odd Sky Sports daypass). I keep considering switching to a cube to have that added

I still think when on offer the firestick for just IPTV, and in my case stramio is a bargain
You be surprised to know the Shield does now support the NOW TV app and has done for a while. It did take them some time but It works great now.

If your desperate to get it then go for it!

However, I would personally wait till the NVIDIA SHIELD Android TV Pro goes on offer on Amazon UK. It should be circa the same price and it will be with a UK plug. No stress, issues in the unlikely event the product develops a fault, etc.

In the meantime, go to Walmart - get the Onn box and use that!
Posted similar on another thread. Was recently in the states and bought an ONN box to use on the hotel Wi-Fi with my IPTV sub. The user experience was that good , I brought 4 more home for friends. I have two shields , an Apple TV box ( my main box ino the dogs bblockd of tv boxes,). Have an ONN box running on the kitchen TV and it plays everything as well as the shields. The remote gas Netflix, p
Prime and YT buttons as well , honestly if Ui lived in the states every box would be an ONN. $21.50c inc tax. Unbelievable value.

Posted similar on another thread. Was recently in the states and bought an ONN box to use on the hotel Wi-Fi with my IPTV sub. The user experience was that good , I brought 4 more home for friends. I have two shields , an Apple TV box ( my main box ino the dogs bblockd of tv boxes,). Have an ONN box running on the kitchen TV and it plays everything as well as the shields. The remote gas Netflix, p
Prime and YT buttons as well , honestly if Ui lived in the states every box would be an ONN. $21.50c inc tax. Unbelievable value.
Great value boxes the ONN and a crazy low price just a shame not available here in UK.

They're so much snappier than firesticks but then again they do cost more.

I've not really looked into recording with my shield but I've just popped a 64gb stick in to test it.
Hiya Brownie,if after your testing can you let me know how you got on. Thanks brownie.👍

Back