Nvidia Shield remote problem

loncell

TK Veteran
I've had my Shield Pro for a while but for some reason the Volume randomly goes down to zero.

I read its a battery problem so I changed them thinking they were low then a week or so later the f##ker starts doing it again even though I've hardly used the thing.

It only does it when you go to use the remote say turn a channel over.
Has anyone else had any issue's with the battery draining the remote or volume going to zero ?

I've had my Shield Pro for a while but for some reason the Volume randomly goes down to zero.

I read its a battery problem so I changed them thinking they were low then a week or so later the f##ker starts doing it again even though I've hardly used the thing.

It only does it when you go to use the remote say turn a channel over.
Has anyone else had any issue's with the battery draining the remote or volume going to zero ?
I've had no issue mate in that regards, I had an issue with the controller remote (analogue drift) it could be your volume button is a little stuck so it keeps catching every now and again, use some isopropyl alcohol and use a cotton bud on it to clean any muck on the remote, ive done this b4 and it works wonders. Get it into the crevices and see how it goes

I have tried that , doesn't seem stuck , I did hear someone mentioning it loves batteries. I'm wondering if another gadget is interfering with the remote signal

@loncell I have a spare one bud if you would like it? I brought one a while ago but when I brought another shield, obviously you get one in the box so If you would like it let me know your address via PM, its still in the box :ROFLMAO: never been used (y) I use a playstation controller and as I said I already have 1 remote so it's all urs if you like

I dug abit deeper and it seems to be a program that's causing the issue
StbEmu
As soon as I use the program and turn a channel over the Vol- goes down 1 or 2 notches.
It's the same issue as this fix even though that's a Sat Box =

STB Emulator – Volume changes after changing channel | OPENBOX® | IPTV Boxes | Satellite and Cable TV Boxes

I tried it but after saving Vol+ it the Vol still goes down 1 or 2 notches everytime you touch the remote.

If anyone has a Shield with StbEmu can you look if it's doing the same for you ?, thanks again

Last edited:
Back