Nvidia Shield sideloaded app no icon tile

loncell

TK Veteran
I've sideloaded an app onto my Nvidia Shield but there's no launch icon tile. If I go into settings/apps its listed then select open works fine,
For me? thats fine a simple workaround no hardship,

Wife ?:-

"Omfg!!! £200 and I can't even friggin start my fitness app !!??,

All this button pressing ! Settings ???? Were !!!!!! ...sh/t this , weres my logo ?????? ... were u going? !!! put that car key down and sort this f""king mess out now !!!!!!!!

Is there a fix ? For the shield and the missus ??

Shield doesn't seem to like some apps! You can download an app launcher from store and put the ones in it that doesn't show in the tiles! The launcher will show in tiles and when opened will give access to those apps, will need a little play around to sort! There are a number of launchers available! I stopped using it a while back as all my apps are now in the tile section, and I have forgotten the name of it! But they all work

This has happened to me when i installed virgin go. Maybe the apk you installed was not meant for android tv maybe only android?? you could try apk pure and see if there is an apk for android tv version?

The sheild only likes proper android TV apps otherwise you may get issues.

E.g the virgin app is not a tv app. I have also had issues with apps that require VLC

I've sideloaded an app onto my Nvidia Shield but there's no launch icon tile. If I go into settings/apps its listed then select open works fine,
For me? thats fine a simple workaround no hardship,

Wife ?:-

"Omfg!!! £200 and I can't even friggin start my fitness app !!??,

All this button pressing ! Settings ???? Were !!!!!! ...sh/t this , weres my logo ?????? ... were u going? !!! put that car key down and sort this f""king mess out now !!!!!!!!

Is there a fix ? For the shield and the missus ??
Yes mate formuler z8 pro fix shield
Formuler GTV for the missus

Back