NVIDIA Shield TV 4K HDR Ready Media £104.99 Amazon

channelking

31Dg0CIwsAL._AC_SY780_.jpg

• X1+ processor makes SHIELD up to 25% faster than the previous generation.
  • Dolby Vision·Atmos: The fusion of Dolby Vision HDR picture and Dolby Atmos sound transforms your TV into an entertainment powerhouse.
  • AI Upscaling: Upscale HD video to 4K using the power of AI. Crisper, clearer video enhanced to 4K resolution in real-time.
  • 4K HDR: The most 4K HDR entertainment. All your favourite shows in the highest possible quality. Period.

Price

Was £149.99
Now £104.99

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07Z6QQZPF?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Just a note. This is the Non Pro version so only 2GB Ram and 32Bit apps. Funny enough the older Shield from 2015 is probably a better buy. Extra 1GB Ram and Full Play Store 64 Bit Apps if you're not bothered about upscaling. If you want upscaling the 2017 model is £90 at CEX.

1.PNG

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
I have the non-pro version and can't say I've ever found it to be lacking in any way that makes me think it's short on ram. Runs every streaming app I've ever put on it perfectly.

Do you have the cylinder Non-Pro? As the Non-Pro variants of the console versions still come with 3GB Ram. I'm pretty sure the cylinder non-pro is only 8GB too whereas the older Console Variants are 16GB. You can upgrade obviously with a Micro SD though.

Would love to have a shield but it's way over the top for me specs wise and don't think would really use it much.

I think for those not too fussed about upscaling the non pro so this version would suffice.

Yeah I agree CK but for the extra money the pro version is better, just for the ram ect... plus looks better but again it all depends on what your using it for, it will run whatever you throw at it. All down to personal preference tho 100%

Yeah I agree CK but for the extra money the pro version is better, just for the ram ect... plus looks better but again it all depends on what your using it for, it will run whatever you throw at it. All down to personal preference tho 100%

In some ways the cylinder non-pro is a downgrade from the 2017 console non-pro version.

The 2017 non-pro has upscaling 3gb ram and full 64Bit Play Store. Where the Cylinder has 2GB Ram Upscaling and 32Bit. You can get the console versions dirt cheap now. The cylinder ones look nice though and tidy and the remote is better. Like Pup said he notices no speed lags. For longevity i'd prefer that extra gb ram and 64bit... at a lesser cost.

In some ways the cylinder non-pro is a downgrade from the 2017 console non-pro version.

The 2017 non-pro has upscaling 3gb ram and full 64Bit Play Store. Where the Cylinder has 2GB Ram Upscaling and 32Bit. You can get the console versions dirt cheap now. The cylinder ones look nice though and tidy and the remote is better. Like Pup said he notices no speed lags. For longevity i'd prefer that extra gb ram and 64bit... at a lesser cost.
100% agree bro

Do you have the cylinder Non-Pro? As the Non-Pro variants of the console versions still come with 3GB Ram. I'm pretty sure the cylinder non-pro is only 8GB too whereas the older Console Variants are 16GB. You can upgrade obviously with a Micro SD though.

Yeah I have the cylinder - the shape doesn't actually matter to me as it's hidden from view anyway. I've put a micro sd in it. It'd be interesting to hear from anyone who has a pro and non-pro to see if they notice any differences. I was actually thinking of buying a pro and moving the non-pro upstairs but my head's being turned by talk of the mecool km2 atm... something different to mess about with!

Yeah I have the cylinder - the shape doesn't actually matter to me as it's hidden from view anyway. I've put a micro sd in it. It'd be interesting to hear from anyone who has a pro and non-pro to see if they notice any differences. I was actually thinking of buying a pro and moving the non-pro upstairs but my head's being turned by talk of the mecool km2 atm... something different to mess about with!

That's fair enough pal. If it suits your needs that's all that matters. People do get lost in the pro/no-pro when really if your not bothered about Dolby Vision/Upscaling then just get the 2015 Model. Specs are near identical. They haven't really changed anything major in 6 years. It's crazy how future proofed the 2015 Model was.

Capture.PNG

Quite a few offers around at the moment. One of the best features is it is the only box I am aware of that is 100% android TV. Even the other high end boxes like buzz run mobile android in the background. It's the quality of the hardware that @TheSource talks about ram but you can get some £40 boxes that have more ram than the sheild but will struggle with basic tasks

Question is if you are in the market for a new box £104 for sheild or £138 for z10

Back