Octagon SF8008 - NO Sound Problem

AJP007

Hi Gents, first off "Happy Bunnies"... to ALL,
OK, my problem, SF8008 running Pli 8.1 most recent update. 2022/04/03. Using Oscam 11693 from the Install Feed.
The Sound keeps vanishing, when I change Channels the Sound goes OFF, when the Box is switched ON, there
is NO sound, Free and Encrypted Channel makes NO difference.
It is NOT ALL the time just PERIODICALLY, comes and goes.!!!
The ONLY thing I have tried to get it back ON which seems to work is a complete "RESTART". BUT this is NOT really a fix.
Has anyone experienced this issue and is there a solution?
Thanks.
AJP

@moshinbeth, Thanks Buddy,
I will try one of the other images from Multiboot and see if problem persists.
Feed back - when and if this repeats itself or goes away and is sorted.
Cheers
AJP

@moshinbeth, Thanks Buddy,
I will try one of the other images from Multiboot and see if problem persists.
Feed back - when and if this repeats itself or goes away and is sorted.
Cheers
AJP
Flash it with vix that is rock solid

Its a common issue the sound going off after changing channels, it can take 5 seconds or so to come back.

Are you saying it goes off and stays off ?

Reflash it will a different image or go back to an earlier built sounds like a bug issue on pli.
Ive no idea why the general opinion on TK is PLI is a poor image.

My main image on the 8008 and UE ! Because it a basic image, building it with just what you need is perfect for me.

Its a great image overlooked by many.

Please enlighten me on what OpenPLI carnt do ?

Between my Octagon and UE slots ive got just about all the images on. Dont see what OpenPLi misses out on if you know what your doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Gents, first off "Happy Bunnies"... to ALL,
OK, my problem, SF8008 running Pli 8.1 most recent update. 2022/04/03. Using Oscam 11693 from the Install Feed.
The Sound keeps vanishing, when I change Channels the Sound goes OFF, when the Box is switched ON, there
is NO sound, Free and Encrypted Channel makes NO difference.
It is NOT ALL the time just PERIODICALLY, comes and goes.!!!
The ONLY thing I have tried to get it back ON which seems to work is a complete "RESTART". BUT this is NOT really a fix.
Has anyone experienced this issue and is there a solution?
Thanks.
AJP
Can you check on IPTV or e2iplayer to see if sound is working at the time sat doesn't? May help with giving pli more info on the issue aswel as trying other images.

So you dont like it. Very constructive that mate :ROFLMAO:
It's not rocket science is it fez. I drive a Merc Van as apposed to a ford yet they are both good Vans. I find pli basic at best everything has to be installed from scratch. ATV has bug's on every build until they get around to fixing them.

Last edited:
Ive no idea why the general opinion on TK is PLI is a poor image.
Its a great image overlooked by many.
I think it's because Pli is not a popular image basically. I think the barebones approach is ideal for boxes with limited resources.
The only thing I don't really like is that the autotimer plugin doesn't integrate with the epg/skins as nicely as other images.

This forum is atypical in that it is a UK forum with the majority of members using the German based ATV image. :cry:

I think it's because Pli is not a popular image basically. I think the barebones approach is ideal for boxes with limited resources.
The only thing I don't really like is that the autotimer plugin doesn't integrate with the epg/skins as nicely as other images.

This forum is atypical in that it is a UK forum with the majority of members using the German based ATV image. :cry:
It will always be a favourite of mine because of the barbones approach, nothing i own would be regarded as limited resources wise but with OpenPLI they fly. Far quicker image than most.

It's not rocket science is it fez. I drive a Merc Van as apposed to a ford yet they are both good Vans. I find pli basic at best everything has to be installed from scratch. ATV has bug's on every build until they get around to fixing them.
Lol your missing the point, you can add what you like its as configurable as any other image.

Building it from scratch is the way i like it, far better for us motorised lads. Im not concerned about having a freesat image for 28e. If i wanted a freesat box id just buy one. (y)

Yes, it's amazing how much unnecessary stuff is included in images, particularly ATV. (for UK users at least).
I used to have a big list of stuff to remove before I even got round to configuring the image to my taste. ViX has always had a much smaller footprint.

What I was trying to get at in the first place was that TK is probably not the best place to ask a question about the OpenPli image because so few people use it.
(If indeed it's an image problem) :unsure:

What I like about OpenViX is the easier to navigate interface and the superb support provided. You can actually talk to the developers and get one to one help (y)

Yes, it's amazing how much unnecessary stuff is included in images, particularly ATV. (for UK users at least).
I used to have a big list of stuff to remove before I even got round to configuring the image to my taste. ViX has always had a much smaller footprint.

What I was trying to get at in the first place was that TK is probably not the best place to ask a question about the OpenPli image because so few people use it.
(If indeed it's an image problem) :unsure:

What I like about OpenViX is the easier to navigate interface and the superb support provided. You can actually talk to the developers and get one to one help (y)
Agree with that

UE as an example images sizes

OpenATV 196mb
Vix 107mb
OpenPLI 76mb

I do like the TeamBlue image on the UE thou 106mb

Don’t think it is an image issue,I have pli 8.1 running with no problems.Latest update is 17.04.22 .Pli updates every weekend .

Hi Guys, sorry for the delayed response and fix or solution to this sound problem, been very busty looking after my disabled nephew.
OK...well i tried another image, as suggested, the HDF Image on the empty space in multiboot and the fault just vanished. The sound is back.
It was on ALL channels FTA, Encrypted and IPTV, the ONLY thing I did was to UpdateSoftware on my SF8008 in ALL images.
I also contacted my CCcam and IPTV Providers and as they DID not get back to me I cant tell if they did something with fine tuning and that fixed it.
So back to my PLi 8.1 and its been fine now for two weeks. Deleted the HDF Image again to free up the multiboot and the sound is OK on ALL the images again.
I personally like Pli images and they are IMHO....NOT too complicated for the ordinary user. A few things like VPN do not work but OK have ATV images for that.
Thanks for your replies and suggestions Guys...really Apprec.
kindest regards.
AJP

Back