Octagon SF8008 Password?

Menderman

I have just ventured into the world of Linux and boy is this a steep learning curve,i am trying to set up a cccam via a program called WINSCP i follow the instuctions
and it is asking for a Password i have looked on the forum but i cannot see any details on this Octagon 8008 password i have tried different options but it still wont
let me move on is there a password or am i doing something wrong. Thanks for any help.

I have just ventured into the world of Linux and boy is this a steep learning curve,i am trying to set up a cccam via a program called WINSCP i follow the instuctions
and it is asking for a Password i have looked on the forum but i cannot see any details on this Octagon 8008 password i have tried different options but it still wont
let me move on is there a password or am i doing something wrong. Thanks for any help.
What image do you have on it ?

Most images need you to set a password. Look under menu-setup-network there may be a setpassword option there.

We will be able to be more exact if we knew what image you have on it.

What image do you have on it ?

Most images need you to set a password. Look under menu-setup-network there may be a setpassword option there.

We will be able to be more exact if we knew what image you have on it.
This is a brand new receiver running on open ATV i need to run a new image? what would you think is a good option as i said i am
on a very steep learning curve. Thanks for the reply

Password should be openatv
If that does not work you can telnet into the box and in a telnet session type passwd and that will allow you to change the password.

As a non user of OpenAtv do you not setup a password with remote the same as OpenVix with remote control first?
I flash openatv onto my boxes on a regular occasion and i've never seen this in the set up. In fact i've never seen that option on any images i use.

Openatv
On the remote
Setup>system>network>password settings
Create new password, and Save.

No need to put an other image on , learn how to use ATV , then you can add the other images to multi boot , test them all out ..

1000001500.jpg

Last edited:
Ccam still a thing? I thought that died years ago? Excuse my ignorance. I use to use them on the VU+ boxes but it stopped working when sly encrypted all the channels, then switch to m3u stuff etc so can you still get them and they provide the same content as IPTV?

Ccam still a thing? I thought that died years ago? Excuse my ignorance. I use to use them on the VU+ boxes but it stopped working when sly encrypted all the channels, then switch to m3u stuff etc so can you still get them and they provide the same content as IPTV?
Cccam is still around version 2.3.9 but it's been taken over by such cams as oscam or ncam. Sky was always encrypted it just changed the encryption. Sky sd is still available on E2 boxes as is sky De in HD. And many many more packages. If you want the HD version of the uk channels then take a look at the viark boxes.

Write password on a sticker stuck to box as you will forget it as cannot use Filezilla unless you have setup on box first and refuses connection.

Back