Odsonne Edouard Not for sale

Bennie45

Any bids for Odsonne Edouard would be "very unwelcome", says manager Neil Lennon, after the Celtic striker was linked with a move to Leicester City.

Former Parkhead boss Brendan Rodgers is reportedly preparing a £30m offerfor the France Under-21 forward.

Edouard, brought to Celtic by Rodgers in a club record £9m move, is 18 months into a four-year deal and has scored 17 times in 31 Celtic games this season.

"We can't stop bids coming in but we don't want to sell him," Lennon said.
"We want him here for the second half of the season."

Lennon is determined to strengthen his squad for the resumption of the title race, with Celtic's Old Firm defeat last month leaving them two points ahead of Rangers at the top of the Scottish Premiership having played a game more.

Talks with Slovan Bratislava over a move for striker Andraz Sporar have yet to come to fruition and Poland Under-21 international Patryk Klimala is the latest attacker to be linked.

"There's a number of options. We're working hard behind the scenes to try to negotiate a deal and bring some players in," Lennon added. "We're hoping by the time this week finishes we'll have one or two new faces in."

Lennon hopes his side's first home loss to Rangers in nine years "might be a good thing for us" as he attempts to steer the champions to a record-equalling ninth successive title.

"It might get us to refocus again, not that we really needed to," he said. "It strengthens the instincts to come back even stronger.

"It was a gruesome December and a gruelling first half of the season. Over the piece it's been magnificent. We didn't finish it well, but that's the motivation for us going into the second half of the season."

I don't take any notice of transfer talk!! I think if any of it is true all our best players will be going to Man U, Man City or Liverpool!!
The only players with a chance of moving are the ones with clauses in there contacts!

Wouldnt surprise me if they sold him in order to make the 20 odd million profit, with Lawwell being the money grabbing git that he is, they will use the excuse that the player had his head turned by Leicester and the chance to play in the EPL, ok the player probaly will want to play there at some point soon in the future, Celtic have already used this one with Rodgers, who I am convinced would still be there if he had been given proper financial backing by the clown Lawwell, he was refused the funds for 2 players at this stage of last season, then he took the flak from many fans who believed all the crap that comes out of Lawwells mouth, when he took the Leicester job, something that I dont blame him for at all, Celtic will always sell their best players while there is a profit to be made as long as Lawwell controls the money side of things and has his puppet Lennon in charge, then football fans in England and Europe will never take them or scottish football in general seriously, Celtic fans should not forget Lennon has already walked out on the club before, saying he could take them no further, he then failed in England with Bolton and then fell out with player after player at Hibs and got sacked again, he then came crawling back to Celtic to be Lawwells puppet, mark my words Gerrards got his measure now, tactically Lennon hasnt got it, he was nowhere near Gerrard as a player and it will be the same as a manager and if he continues as Celtic manager, then this years title has gone to Ibrox.

50 million and he can go...

That's what was said about Dembele the " special one" last price tag I think on him was nothing less than 60 gazillion. Celtic will sell that player if Leicester make an offer of 20 million cash up front and no instalments. Why? because that the way Celtic work.
Edouard cost Celtic nothing, the sell on for Virgil paid for him. The fans should reflect on this piece of business
All this boasting of having a 100 million in the bank doesn't reflect a league table and the performances been shown. Wee Rafa Lenitez walked away the last time because the board had no confidence in him to spend the hard earned. This also happened with Brendan the messiah, he was embarrassed by the whole John McGinn affair, he ended up with Mulumbu who never kicked a ball for Celtic.
If Celtic are confident in Lennon, he should already have signed a prolific scorer as back up to the above said player who hasn't left yet. The two players mentioned in the opening post I nor any of my friends have ever heard of them.
Edouard as far as I know has been told by France, if you continue to play in the SPFL then there is no chance of being in the National top team, that in itself is enough to see this will only go one way and if the player doesn't get his way, then he will orchestrate it himself.

Yep, with Lawwell its money, money, money, does not matter what player it is , if theres a profit to be made then the player will be sold, whether he wants to or not, Stuart Armstrong did not want to go, but there was almost 4m profit to be made so he was forced out , its only Celtic supporters that can change this, whats it gonna take for fans to see through the chuckle brothers Lawwell and Lennon, maybe when Rangers are celebrating with the SPL trophy in may, the penny may finally drop with some more fans.

Correct and when its cash up front, as I say 20 million will be good enough! This deal if it does go through will not happen until the last 24/48hrs of the window.
By this point the Dembele transfer will have went through and Celtic will now have one of two players that no one has heard of. Oh and to make matters worse they haven't even mentioned buying a centre half, another position that they are short in. As long as Broony is there doing the huddle and towing a caravan every game I see no other outcome than the SPFL flying high at Ibrox

Last edited:
Theres a rumour going around that Eduoard will move to Leicester for 30m at the end of the season, wouldnt be surprised if thats what happens, Obviously if he wants to become a regular in the French team, then he will need to play in a better league than the SPL as theres so much competion for forward players for France, as long as Celtic use the money for quality recruitment, then I dont think fans would mind so much, but I doubt very much if even half the incoming transfer fees would be spent on new players, but I hope I am wrong on that one.

Back