Off-Net Streaming?

anthonyf

Hi,

i'm trying to stream from my zgemma H2H to my ipad & iphone when i'm out of the house/off the home network.. but have hit a brick wall!

I've downloaded an app called e2remotepro which i read could do the job.

So far Ive initially got streaming working when on the LAN.

But ... when i try to connect off-net, it fails to connect.

Ive been into Openwebif on my H2H and configured that accordingly.

If HTTP auth is turned OFF it will work on the LAN.

But to connect off-net it requires HTTP auth ON.

On my router (vm superhub 2ac) I have forwarded ports for HTTP (80), plus 8001 for streaming, and both are assigned to the internal ip of the H2H box. I've also done an external ip check and it's confirmed both ports are open.

I also have the external ip for my VM router, which i've put into the profile settings for the box on the the e2remotepro app. The username on the profile setup for the box on the e2remotepro app is: root / pw: (blank). ive tried different variants for this (root/root; blank/blank; root/dreambox).

Ive then directly tried to browse to the external ip of the box, and it's coming up with a log-in page to access the external ip. Would this be my issue? i.e. why the app's failing to connect. ive tried all the same passwords for this (root etc) but to no avail. Is there a different username / password i should be using maybe?

Any help or guidance appreciated! (Even if it's a case that it not possible to stream off-net!).

Back