Offical Movie Thread

Fifty Dead Men Walking is well worth a watch.

Based on Martin McGartland's shocking real life story, Martin is a young lad from west Belfast in the late 1980s who is recruited by the British Police to spy on the IRA. He works his way up the ranks as a volunteer for the IRA whilst feeding information to his British handler and saving lives in the process; until one day he is exposed, captured and tortured to within an inch of his life. He escaped dramatically by throwing himself from a tower block window and is still in hiding today. (Courtesy IMDB)

-

Finally got around to seeing 7 Pounds and i've got to say that i liked it. It certainly had a 21 Grams feel to it, so it was a wee bit predictable. I liked it though. Good flick.

hey 7thsinger did you feel it was a bit like the movie six sense, by that, i mean you think where is this movie going and at the end the whole movie falls into place..or maybe i am a dumb ass and didnt twig it

The first half hour i was completely clueless. An hour into it i had a feeling of what was going on, but not how it all played out.

But yeah, some of it was hard to follow initially. I plan on watching it again (like the 6th sense) just to see how much i missed the first time through.

50 dead men walking I saw about 6 months ago and it was good alright. Read the book about 5 years ago and it was a lot better though. 7 pounds I just thought was wholly depressing. Certainly not one to watch with a chick. Unless you want a deep conversation afterwards!!

Perfect movie for that!!!! I loaned it to a mate who called me at about 2 in the morning saying never, ever give me a movie like that again. I want to throw myself off my balcony!! I kid you not!

I watched 7 pounds at work with a co-worker back on Christmas Day, and we had to restart the movie twice, because we kept missing a part or 2. This was one of those movies you had to pay attention to everything, as something in the early part of the film was explained later.

Yeah you notice loads of points that you missed. I did, but then realised how depressing it really was!

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

I watch six or seven movies a week and I forget most of them but watched Children of the Night Garden the other night with girlfriend. My review? Steer well clear.

hey moo;ey was your mate depressed at the time ,all jokes aside i can see how it can cause that effect .But when broke down the movie is quite good if you think about it

Notorious is pretty nonsense too.

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

Ah no he's not at all. Just he asked me for a good movie and I gave him that, he was going home for a few beers and smokes and didn't expect that!! It is a very good movie just only to watch alone, in a dark room, with a full bottle of pills!!

I watched We Own The Night the other night. I found it a very interesting movie. I do have to give a thumbs up to Juaquin Phoenix for a good performance and.....I DO LOVE EVA MENDES!!!! She does a body good!!

i had to mention this movie even though its a few years old .
its one i never get tired of watchin .

true romance.

A classic! I got the Tarantino Cut recently. Anyone heard of it?? It's basically the same movie but the timing is all different. Seemingly it's the way it was mean't to be made originally but they thought it would be too hard to follow. Check it out!

Back