On demand for vu boxes (solo2/duo2)

SmithOnline

OnDemand for VU+ boxes (solo2/duo2)

Here is the information i have found from hours of looking all over the shop for the best solution.
I currently run vu duo2 box using open vix and
slyk version 5 skin by kiddac available here
(MASSIVE THANKS TO KIDDAC!)
19158d1472412464t-slyk-1-hd-sly-skin-version-5-v5-epg.jpg

This is the best solution to the on demand for VU+ Solo2 / Duo2 boxes only! (it may work on other boxes but only if you have kodi in your plugin feeds)

Install vuplus-kodi addon to your VU+ 2 box located in the plugins from openvix feeds
(there are other plugins in the vix feeds please make sure its the vuplus-kodi plugin near to the bottom of the list)

OpenVix kodi install instructions
  • Menu > plugins > green button > extentions > vuplus-kodi > install
Then open kodi from menu > plugins and follow the instructions below to install this build of kodi over the top

SkyHD OnDemand

Installation Instructions

• To install this build navigate your way to ‘File Manager‘ and select ‘Add Source
  • Enter http://mrno.pe.hu/ into the box labeled <None>
  • Now name the source, we recommend calling it ‘MrKnowItAll‘.
  • Click ‘Done‘ and now go back to the main page and select ‘Settings‘ and select ‘Add-Ons
  • Select ‘install from Zip file‘ and choose the ‘MrKnowItAll‘ source and choose ‘Plugin.Video.SkyHDOnDemand
  • Wait a few seconds for it to install and now back out to the ‘Add-Ons‘ menu and select ‘My Add-Ons
  • Scroll down to ‘Program Add-Ons‘ and click on ‘Sky HD OnDemand‘ and click ‘Open
  • Allow it to download all the necessary files (this may take up to 10 mins)
  • Once complete it will prompt you to ‘force close Kodi‘ to do this simply click ‘Ok
  • Re open kodi (menu > plugins > kodi) and you now have the OnDemand build of kodi running (please allow time to load after first install)
homepage-ultimate.jpgcatchuptv-ultimate.jpg

This runs ok all addons working in tune with the skin

once you have everything up and running you can simply set a button on the remote to open kodi / OnDemand
and click on TV guide to go back to Vix

Current FIX List

issue with skin shortcuts error (kodi logs attached) (currently error has been commented out but all seems ok like this)
2. teaks to run more smoothly currently very sluggish at times
3. check addons (e.g itv player has out of date info and programs)
4. change description on main screen
5. add the best of user created content in this thread
6. if we can make the boxes for programs etc longer to show content in correct proportion.

Attachments

• kodi-log.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 42
  • kodi-Log.zip
    73.4 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Hey Smithonline, well done on the clever integration of these two programs/skins. I didn't realise when I created it that this would be a really smart idea. I'm busy until the weekend but I plan on making a forth version of the SkyHD skin with the tv guide removed and replaced with the same tile but programmed to quit kodi so people won't have to do this alteration themselves. If you or anyone else has any ideas or suggestions please let me know, I'm going to create a separate page on my website so I'll give you a new link to use once I've done it and hopefully it'll be the best of the best when mixed with slky. As I don't have any way to test or use the kodi build with a sat receiver I wouldn't be sure but is it worth me removing the live tv add-ons? All the best guys and feel free to email me back if you like Smith :)

Hey Smithonline, well done on the clever integration of these two programs/skins. I didn't realise when I created it that this would be a really smart idea. I'm busy until the weekend but I plan on making a forth version of the SkyHD skin with the tv guide removed and replaced with the same tile but programmed to quit kodi so people won't have to do this alteration themselves. If you or anyone else has any ideas or suggestions please let me know, I'm going to create a separate page on my website so I'll give you a new link to use once I've done it and hopefully it'll be the best of the best when mixed with slky. As I don't have any way to test or use the kodi build with a sat receiver I wouldn't be sure but is it worth me removing the live tv add-ons? All the best guys and feel free to email me back if you like Smith :)

Thats great news thanks ;). Am here to test when you need to the only error on the kodi log when loading your build is the skin shortcuts error this is because profiler is not included in kodi for enigma 2 yeah all live TV addons wont be needed just all catchup addons maybe a few extra adding.;)

Last edited:
Just put this on my VUSOLOSE V2, havent tested any addons.

But you can exit kodi, by just press DOWN on remote, brings a little infobar pop up, click shutdown.

Not sure if you was aware, rather than setting TV guide as exit? (how would you do that anyways?)

How you getting on with this mrknowitall? I can post a video of how's it's currently running on the box for you if it helps? Let me know anything ya need to tweak the build m8

Hi mate, I'm busy at the moment but I'll be free over the weekend to do what needs doing. If you could send me a video it would be great just to see how it looks and works so I can make any tweeks needed to make it look and run better.

OK video is uploading will pm you a link once uploaded

Also there are some errors in kodi log which i have attached. This log is from start to end of the video

Attachments

• kodi-Log.zip
    73.4 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Just a heads up, I'm currently working on this so hopefully it'll be ready soon. If possible could I send you a link Smith once I'm finished for you to test and make sure it all works :)

all working m8 TV button quits back to box perfect. we still have the skin shortcuts error coming up at the top tho at min

loving the addons, look and feel

Last edited:
Have you tried it on a fresh reset version of kodi? I'll have a read up and see if I can figure out what needs tweaking for the skin errors to stop. If anyone else wants to have a play with it you'll find it here, SkyHD OnDemand

installing fresh install now m8

---------- Post Merged at 12:24 AM ----------

fresh install now m8 the error no longer comes up on startup but as soon as you click on catch up and it loads the skins shortcuts error appears kodi log attached

---------- Post Merged at 12:45 AM ----------

Everyone with VU+ solo2 / duo2 boxes here's the link get testing and post back here
http://mrknowitall.xyz/skyhd-ondemand

Attachments

• kodi-log.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Trying this out as I really like the look of it, only Kodi I have in the list of plugins is KodiDirect but after installing the skin in this it doesn't seem to work, where am I going wrong?

Have you followed the instructions on the bottom of the page?
SkyHD OnDemand

I tried but I don't have File Manager (I assume this should be in Kodi) or any of the other options mentioned in the instructions I downloaded the file manually and installed from zip which seemed to work but it just gives an error when trying to open.

Back