One satellite dish with 3 lnb vu+solo2 receiver

sammer

I have now scanned 3 satellites on one dish. Hotbird13e Eutelsat 16e and astra 19e. I have got good signal strength on these 3 satellites on one dish with 3lnb.
But when try to watch there is none signal. Very strange because I sér all channels when a search and good signal on these satellite in settings.
This is very strange can someone help me?

If you can only have one wire to the receiver, a better setup is as follows.

Hardware:
Hook up signal wire to Tuner B instead of tuner A.

Software:
Tuner A = simple, diseqc, ports to match satellites
Tuner B = loop through to Tuner A

Better to have two wires if you can though.

Tip:
If you want to take clear screenshots instead of taking pictures with your phone, you can do so using your web browser. See following thread: Taking screen shots and uploading attachments to the forum

Last edited:
What size dish have your got ? Type of LNB are you using ?

The problem with 19,16 and 13 on the same dish is the LNB are so close together you can not get perfect alignment.

What is the prime focus of the dish ?

On a 1.2meter dish that should give you enough room for LNB adjustment.

If this was my setup heres how i would proceed.

Fine tune the dish at 16e

Then use bullet LNB's by Alps for use on all 3 sats and tweak 13 and 19

High Quality EU Made Narrow, Thin, Bullet nose Universal LNB by Alps BSTE8-751B | eBay

LNB shape on these allow you to manipulate them to optimise signal without too much mechanical interference between them.

See pis as an example

s-l500.jpg

These are good multi sat l.n.bs I bought from German provider on ebay for my store and this is the t.d series bracket

Attachments

• 16850962715307635102818321312406.jpg
    16850962715307635102818321312406.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 14
  • 16850963030482818458328140309404.jpg
    16850963030482818458328140309404.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
This is my lnb setup Hotbird lnb is on the right side astra on the left side.
Astra 19 os good and eutelsat is good also but hotbird signal goes out if its rain.
Is the only soulutions these narrow lnb?

Screenshot_20230528_091437_Gallery.jpg

If rain margin is causing poor snr on 13 east i would reposition my installation and use td series bracket

To me it seems as if the 13e LNB is too far out? And why is the 19e tilted upwards so much, possibly the whole dish is not aligned properly? I might be wrong.

The 13e LNB can't get any closer, so if it does need to move closer, the narrower LNB will help achieve that.

To me it seems as if the 13e LNB is too far out? And why is the 19e tilted upwards so much, possibly the whole dish is not aligned properly? I might be wrong.

The 13e LNB can't get any closer, so if it does need to move closer, the narrower LNB will help achieve that.

Astra 19 is the left lnb on the picture

Astra 19 is the left lnb on the picture
Yes, we know that. I don't understand the context of your statement.

I stated the 19.2 LNB is tilted upwards. If you are having to do that to get more signal, maybe your dish is not properly aligned in terms of the elevation. You also have not posted a frontal view of the LNBs. As you look at them head on ( looking towards the dish, so lnb first then dish) the ones on left should be higher than ones on right. This may account for that LNB tilting backwards further than the other two. Maybe dish is aligned properly but not the multi - LNB bracket?

Back