online flashing to 6.4 from 6.3

denjules

hi anyone that can help,
I have been running running wooshbuild infinity on my h2s with ATV 6.3 . i can do clean reflash online to 6.4 and put password in to use ftp and all works fine ..But as soon as I restore my saved settings from 6.3 everything installs and works fine but I cant use FTP and the password setup option in setup,system,network is not there ?
Does this mean I have to stay on 6.3 IMAGE or is there a way round it ?

any advice much appreciated

hi anyone that can help,
I have been running running wooshbuild infinity on my h2s with ATV 6.3 . i can do clean reflash online to 6.4 and put password in to use ftp and all works fine ..But as soon as I restore my saved settings from 6.3 everything installs and works fine but I cant use FTP and the password setup option in setup,system,network is not there ?
Does this mean I have to stay on 6.3 IMAGE or is there a way round it ?

any advice much appreciated
Do a fresh flash of atv 6.4 and just ftp across or run wooshbuild from scratch on a newly flashed bare bones image.

thanks I will try that later today.
where can I get a new wooshbuild infinity download as mine is about 4yrs old or will I be ok to use that one ?

thnku

i can get new image on new wooshbuild infinity and all is ok..i then freshly downloaded my plugins and still ok .
I ftp'd my saved settings from 6.3 image,i then restored system settings everything works except I can't ftp anymore because password option gone from network options so I can't connect to box.
will 6.4 not accept settings from 6.3 image or is there a way of taking out/disabling password from 6.4 ?

I can't use anything willo after I have flashed with new 6.4 I can setup password and ftp.my backup settings from 6.3 onto memory stick.
Then I go on restore settings it all works fine but when I try to ftp after that it says access denied.
When I step through to network there is no password option there ?
Its mainly my extreme editor QR code I am trying to get back on to box for my iptv.
Is there a way of saving my extreme editor settings separately so I can ftp them without having to do it by saved backup settings ?

@denjules , have a look at settings file in etc\enigma2 your xtreame editor settings may be there. I don't use xtreame editor but I think you can generate no QR code and send it to supplier.

Last edited:
Then I go on restore settings it all works fine but when I try to ftp after that it says access denied.
It says access denied because you haven't set a password.

Use putty to connect to your box and login as root.
Type passwd and hit enter.
The box will ask you to enter a new password - type a password and press enter. (You will not see anything on screen when doing this)
enter password again and press enter.
1611574036991.png

You should now be able to FTP to the box as root with your new password.

Back