Online version check

kieran57

Hi Guys.Im getting this on my screen once a Day.I think its to do with a new router that I got for vpn.Asus RT-AC86U.Can anyone advise how to stop same.Once I click OK it disappears.Not to sure if it doing any damage.Thanks

Attachments

• Online.jpg
    Online.jpg
    826.7 KB · Views: 29
Looks like it's trying to check firmware update or version online but looks like link is broken.
Check online with your router supplier

Which image and Version is this? If it is OpenViX, there is a check for access to Google DNS servers. People using VPN/custom DNS settings fail foul of this check. Attempts have been made to try and convince the coder/s to change this without much success

You can disable the online check in
Menu > Setup > System > Software update >Settings

It won't cause an issue. Just disable the check.

Which image are you on? I am on 6.2 009
Menu > Information > About

Just for information, you can bypass the check and do an update by following command using Putty or any other Terminal client:
Code:
init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 6

Or flash newest image using Image Manager. A settings backup will be made as part of the process. After newest vix image is flashed and box restarts, you will be prompted to restore the settings backup that was made before. So within ~6 minutes, you box will be as it was but on newest image.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help.I might do an update, something always goes wrong when I do changes.Thanks again for your help.

It should be fine. If you get stuck, people here to help.

If you are concerned/worried, you can make an "image backup", this is different to a "settings backup" and An "image backup" is an exact copy of the image including everything you have installed. So if anything goes wrong, you can flash the backed up image.

To make backup image:
Menu > Setup > Vix > Image Manager > Green (new backup)

To download an image:
Menu > Setup > Vix > Image Manager > Yellow (downloads) > Select image name > Select Image version > Green (Download)

To flash an image
Menu > Setup > Vix > Image Manager > Select the image you want to flash > Blue (flash)

Edit:
You need to have a storage device mounted.

It should be fine. If you get stuck, people here to help.

If you are concerned/worried, you can make an "image backup", this is different to a "settings backup" and An "image backup" is an exact copy of the image including everything you have installed. So if anything goes wrong, you can flash the backed up image.

To make backup image:
Menu > Setup > Vix > Image Manager > Green (new backup)

To download an image:
Menu > Setup > Vix > Image Manager > Yellow (downloads) > Select image name > Select Image version > Green (Download)

To flash an image
Menu > Setup > Vix > Image Manager > Select the image you want to flash > Blue (flash)

Edit:
You need to have a storage device mounted.
@Abu Baniaz

Thanks for useful info.

On similar topic. Does settings backup supposed to back up all plugins too ? I upgraded to latest vix on other day and restored my settings but lost few plugins like vpn manager and vpn settings.

A settings backups backs up things in /etc You can manually add paths if that is what the plugins. If you read the bottom of the screen, the buttons offer different functions. If you read the file called "settings" in /etc, it will list the files that are backed up by default.
Code:
config.backupmanager.backupdirs=['/etc/enigma2/', '/etc/fstab', '/etc/hostname', '/etc/network/interfaces', '/etc/passwd', '/etc/shadow', '/etc/etc/shadow', '/etc/resolv.conf', '/etc/ushare.conf', '/etc/inadyn.conf', '/etc/tuxbox/config/', '/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf', '/usr/softcams/', '/etc/auto.network', '/etc/samba/smb-user.conf', '/etc/samba/private', '/usr/keys']

A settings restore will only re-install the plugins that are on the plugin server. You can add the ipk folder path in the Backup Manager menu.

A settings backups backs up things in /etc You can manually add paths if that is what the plugins. If you read the bottom of the screen, the buttons offer different functions. If you read the file called "settings" in /etc, it will list the files that are backed up by default.
Code:
config.backupmanager.backupdirs=['/etc/enigma2/', '/etc/fstab', '/etc/hostname', '/etc/network/interfaces', '/etc/passwd', '/etc/shadow', '/etc/etc/shadow', '/etc/resolv.conf', '/etc/ushare.conf', '/etc/inadyn.conf', '/etc/tuxbox/config/', '/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf', '/usr/softcams/', '/etc/auto.network', '/etc/samba/smb-user.conf', '/etc/samba/private', '/usr/keys']

A settings restore will only re-install the plugins that are on the plugin server. You can add the ipk folder path in the Backup Manager menu.
You can add IPK folder path in Backup maneger I did not realise this was available on VIX . On openATV we can add ipk folder to Harddisk/images/ipk and it will install plugins you have that are not available on feed .

Back