Open ATV 5.1 Backup Image For ZGemma Star 2S - wivelden

wivelden

OpenATV 5.1 Backup Image For ZGemma Star 2S - wivelden

After reading the numerous threads on here about setting up these boxes and most people wanting them to look as close to Sky as possible due to the great skin provided by kiddac, I have decided to provide my own personal backup.
The reason for this is because I wanted to provide a clean, quick and no fuss setup that new members can just download and add their own plugins if need be. I am providing this in the hope that it will eliminate some of the basic questions on how to add the skin or add EPG tabs etc.

Of course you can always try and set up your own build by using this great guide by kiddac:
http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/84949-bare-bones-openatv-new-setup-guide.html

Anyway.. here we are.

Disclaimer:

*This image is provided as is. I will not be held responsible for box crashes due to incorrect flashing of my backup. It has been tested to ensure no errors occur. If you are unsure then do not use.*

*I cannot be here answering question after question that has already been asked elsewhere in this forum. Search first. You will find your question has probably already been answered. Please keep this thread clean*

• Open ATV 5.1 - All updates as of 30/01/2016

Satellite

• Astra 28.2E - Sky UK

Skin

• Slyk HD v3.005 by kiddac - includes EPG tabs and some small modifications to be as close as possible to Sky EPG.
  • Sky Channel Numbers on Infobar
  • New Splash Screen
  • New Startup and Reboot Screens

Plugins

• Autobouquets Maker
  • Cache Flush - set to run in the background so you should never need to worry about it
  • XMLTV Importer - Rytec UK XMLV Source
  • Open Webif - secured with new password (see below)
  • SoftCam Panel v2.0
  • OnDemand - ITV Player & RTE Player

Cams

• mgcamd 1.38d
  • Cccam 2.3.0

What you will need

• A FAT32 formatted USB Flash drive.
  • Your 'line' details.
  • A downloaded copy of this image from the link at the bottom of this post.

Installation

• Download the zip file and extract it to your formatted to FAT32 USB drive. You should now have a folder on the root of the drive called 'zgemma' and inside that a 'sh1' folder.
  • Insert USB drive into the back of the box when the box is off. Turn the box on and press the front power button until the display says 'FLSH'. (If you can't get the box to recognise the USB drive then please search this forum for solutions on getting it to work.)

Things you need to do after install

• Once you have installed this backup you need to ftp into your box and add your line. Add your line details to CCcam.cfg and transfer to usr/keys if you are using CCcam v2.3.0. If this doesn't work for you then add the file to the etc folder. For mgcamd 1.38d add your line details to newcamd.list file and transfer this along with mg_cfg to usr/keys.
  • Go to Menu - Info Panel - SoftCamPanel - Change 'Select Cam 1' to your preferred cam by pressing left or right on the remote. Then press green to start the cam.
  • Go to Menu - Setup - Service Searching - AutoBouquetsMaker - Providers - Change -Sky UK: area from 'Central Midlands Custom' to your area custom. Press Green. Press Delete Bouquets. Press Yes. Press Start Scan. This should now show your region for BBC and ITV etc on the EPG.
  • Wait. The EPG will take a short while to populate and update so don't panic if there are loads of empty listings. XMLTV Importer is working in the background to fill the EPG listings (providing you have an internet connection!).
  • Check for available updates. Menu - Setup - Software Management - Software Update. *This build is safe to update.*

Security
Recently there has been discussion on how easy it is to access these boxes over the internet, especially other peoples boxes, via Open Webif. It seems that the default password to access these boxes are left unchanged by most people. This means anyone with very little knowledge can access someone elses box over the internet and take control of their box.
Therefore on this backup I have changed the settings in Open Webif to ask for authentication when you access it. I have also added a new password via telnet.

So the login is now:
Username: root
Password: zgemma
You can of course change this to another password which I highly recommend you do after install.

To Change To A New Password

• Download Putty from PuTTY Download Page
  • Run putty
  • Enter your boxes IP address
  • Select telnet.
  • Open
  • Enter root as your login
  • Type 'passwd' (without quotes)
  • Type your new password (the cursor wont move but you will be typing)
  • Type your new password again
  • Close down putty

* - - DOWNLOAD HERE - - *
http://1drv.ms/1nEJHJx

* - - LAST UPDATE - - *
30/01/2016

EPG
EPG.jpg
Splash
splash.jpg
InfoBar
Screen1.jpg
InfoBar - Info
Screen2.jpg
Plugins
Plugins.jpg
Start Up, Radio & Reboot Screens
boot-shutdown.jpg

Credits

• Kiddac - For an amazing Sky skin that's makes these boxes so much more useable and pleasurable to use.
  • Kiddac - For the background and font files to create the shutdown and start up screens.

Last edited:
joined around 2 years ago now am back, hopefully can learn & contribute

newbie here in terms of the zgemma
I just got my zgemma star h2...
been testing a few images over the last few days but still not got round to figure out how to install the line, even though I have used dcc & filezilla in the past for the old dm500 box, will test your software later. cheers

joined around 2 years ago now am back, hopefully can learn & contribute

newbie here in terms of the zgemma
I just got my zgemma star h2...
been testing a few images over the last few days but still not got round to figure out how to install the line, even though I have used dcc & filezilla in the past for the old dm500 box, will test your software later. cheers

Thanks. Just to point out that this has only been tested on the zGemma Star 2s.

any ideas on were cache flush is, ive managed to lose it, I uninstalled then re installed and its not showing anywhere, head scratching time,

tried it but didn't show up cache flush.
I downloaded the hide plugin extension and it gives u the option to run a plugin, so managed to activate it that way. problem solved for me anyway.

ive loaded the box but the Cams
mgcamd 1.38d
Cccam 2.3.0 are not showing.
i tried to load them also via the plugins but it said download failed

thanks dcc connected and showing the cams.
i have selected mgcamd as the main
do i input my nline in the mg_cfg and do i need to change it to cws or leave it as N:

Just installed your build How do I add my cc cam. Cnf file usually it's under keys I've ftp to box but not working..I have a c line

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

You need to upload a CCcam.cfg file to etc folder with your line in. N lines are in newcam.list file located in usr/keys. I use an n line and use mgcamd. I think you can use n or c in mgcamd but I could be mistaken. I've never had a c line. I'm sure someone could correct me if I'm wrong here. Have a look around the forum for using CCcam and where to place the file.

I found it I copied it to the right place I just had to start cccam in the soft cams

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

You need to upload a CCcam.cfg file to etc folder with your line in. N lines are in newcam.list file located in usr/keys. I use an n line and use mgcamd. I think you can use n or c in mgcamd but I could be mistaken. I've never had a c line. I'm sure someone could correct me if I'm wrong here. Have a look around the forum for using CCcam and where to place the file.

I thought for openatv both cccam.cfg and newcamd.list go in usr/keys.
And CCcam.cfg in etc and newcamd.list in usr/keys was for vix

That's what I was unsure about. I've read conflicting replies elsewhere but they don't specify which build. I will update this thread accordingly when I have a definite answer.

well it was always my view usr/keys is the correct location for both vix and atv for both cccams and mgcamds.

And I know 100% that on openatv CCcam.cfg and newcamd.list both work 100% in usr/keys.

I thought /etc was used if tspanel was installed.

:willy nilly:

---------- Post Merged at 09:33 PM ----------

and from another forum

First up we have CCcam.cfg

This file goes into the directory's listed below on the current range of TM Linux receivers

OpenVix: /etc folder
OpenATV: /usr/keys folder
4D/OpenPLI: /etc folder

mg_cfg and newcamd.list this goes in
OpenVix: /usr/keys
OpenATV: /usr/keys
4D/OpenPLI: /usr/keys

and you wonder why nobody knows. Do what I do. I stick it in both. usr/keys and /etc

---------- Post Merged at 09:39 PM ----------

but by the looks of that everything goes in usr/keys except cccam.cfg on vix and pli??????????

For vix it's definitely newcamd.list in usr/keys and CCcam.cfg in etc it doesn't matter about tspanel the issue with tspanel is people trying to start their cams with tspanel when it's already activated in Softcam manager so it conflicts with each other

Back