Open ATV 6.4: Windows 10 laptop to Zgemma H2s access

Prior to Open ATV 6.4 upgrading, I used to be able to transfer files between my Windows 10 laptop and my Zgemma H2S box, via File Explorer. This is a requirement now of Open ATV after looking at the changelog.
Since the upgrade, I am asked to provide Network Credentials (username & password) to access the Zgemma, which does not work, despite setting up a username and password on the box via the Network – Mount Manager utility.
I have exhausted all possibilities on the Windows 10 side, so I am asking if anyone can help me with this problem, please.
Note: OpenWebif does still access the box from my PC, however.

Can't you just access your box via your network in file explorer on pc username is userally one for your router and password is same for your router that's what I do to get into my box if ftp and samba is running on your box

Can't you just access your box via your network in file explorer on pc username is userally one for your router and password is same for your router that's what I do to get into my box if ftp and samba is running on your box
Thanks - I have just tried putting in the wireless Hub name and the hub password, the result is access is denied.

Prior to Open ATV 6.4 upgrading, I used to be able to transfer files between my Windows 10 laptop and my Zgemma H2S box, via File Explorer. This is a requirement now of Open ATV after looking at the changelog.
Since the upgrade, I am asked to provide Network Credentials (username & password) to access the Zgemma, which does not work, despite setting up a username and password on the box via the Network – Mount Manager utility.
I have exhausted all possibilities on the Windows 10 side, so I am asking if anyone can help me with this problem, please.
Note: OpenWebif does still access the box from my PC, however.

You have to go into network settings on the E2 box and enable a password. It will work fine after you access it with root/new password.

Make sure Samba is enabled on your box, you should then be able to browse to your box on your pc using standard file exporer.

ok maybe not, just checked on my h52tc and indeed when browsing the box from laptop it asks for username/password and normal root doesn't work

Hi there. I have just tried that and it still does not access the box.

I have a VU solo 4k (openatv 6.4), a zgemma h2s (openatv 6.3),and a PC all using lan cables on a network. All can see and use files in all units except the zgemma h2s which does not show the VU in a network scan and therefore can not play any files on the VU. The zgemma can play files on the PC and OpenWebif can access both boxs from my PC. Can anybody help please.

Last edited:
I have a VU solo 4k (openatv 6.4), a zgemma h2s (openatv 6.3),and a PC all using lan cables on a network. All can see and use files in all units except the zgemma h2s which does not show the VU in a network scan and therefore can not play any files on the VU. The zgemma can play files on the PC and OpenWebif can access both boxs from my PC. Can anybody help please.
What operating system is your PC?

Hi Dave thanks for replying, I am using Windows 10. I flashed the vu back to openatv 6.3 but same problem. My current setup is openatv 6.4 on both boxes and both of them find each other in network scan,even allows you to expand the other showing root and hard drive but can not access files except on the PC. I saw a post somewhere which suggested that Tsmedia which I have on both boxes is the problem. I have yet to test this. I will let you if it works.
Thanks.

Hi Dave thanks for replying, I am using Windows 10. I flashed the vu back to openatv 6.3 but same problem. My current setup is openatv 6.4 on both boxes and both of them find each other in network scan,even allows you to expand the other showing root and hard drive but can not access files except on the PC. I saw a post somewhere which suggested that Tsmedia which I have on both boxes is the problem. I have yet to test this. I will let you if it works.
Thanks.
Thanks
Since you can see the files in Windows 10, you should be able copy and paste between each device

That is correct Dave and that works if I want watch a film on the Zgemma but it would be nice to be able to browse the 2 Ter drive on the VU where all the current files are stored. Is there any plugin that would provide this functionality. I tried Vlc player but could not figure it out. Thanks again for your help.

Hi
I have used VLC Player on both my PC and an old Mercury adroid tablet without any problem. On the PC now I just use the default Movie app, so I cannot suggest anything else.
Good luck.

Back