Open ATV random freezing of box

voyager1972

im using zgemma star 2s,,,,i have open atv 6.2 installed,,,,the box freezes on random channel changes every so often.,,,i am not using any lines or payservers,,,,just fta channels ,,powervu,,biss ect,,,setup is with morotized dish,,the same setup runs fine with openpli image,,,,the only thing is with open atv i dont need to use stream relay for powervu channels which i prefer.

I've got the same problem.
Has it always happened since you had it?

FTP into your box, navigate to /home/root/logs and upload the log here, you might need to add .txt to the file extension to allow you to upload into forum.

yeah it has always happened ,,,,openpli runs fine and dosent have this issue,,,i have tried the logs file,, but it is always empty

Are you using an external hard drive? I had the same issue, daily/twice daily hangs/freezes, turned out that the external HDD was the cause of the freezing/hanging box. The system would need to be power cycled off/on to reset. I came to the conclusion the USB port isn't man enough to power an external HDD, so started using a USB memory stick and it's been fine ever since.

i use a 64gb usb flash drive,,,,i was using the default metrix skin when getting theses hangups,,,i have now changed to shy hd skin ,,,it hasnt happened since,,,so hopefully it was a skin issue... time will tell

Back