WooshBuild Open ATV Timeshift & Recording

KKSAT

Apologies in advance if this forum does not support Open ATV.

I need advice on the correct type of USB or HDD to attach to my Amiko Viper Combo. I have Open ATV 6.2 installed. I regularly get recording problems and find the only solution is to change the USB stick I'm using for a new one. The old USB appears to be damaged, can't be read on any device even after trying to reformat. Also, even when my recording works, I still get problems with live pages/ time shift. I wonder are all these problems related? Am I setting up the USB correctly in the first place? Should I be using USB3 and not USB2? Any help would be much appreciated.

I've always used toshiba usb sticks and external hdd without any problems, I think the usb sticks are USB2. Have you tried reinitialising it on the box? Once initialised on the box your windows pc etc will not recognise it, that's perfectly normal as they use a different file system.

I've always used toshiba usb sticks and external hdd without any problems, I think the usb sticks are USB2. Have you tried reinitialising it on the box? Once initialised on the box your windows pc etc will not recognise it, that's perfectly normal as they use a different file system.
I use Toshiba USB also.I have initialised the USB2 using the STB. I know a PC won't recognise it until it is reformatted again to suit the PC. But some of the USBs I have used won't work in anything after being in my STB for any length of time. It is as if they have been damaged.

Back