Open box - no channels at all

LeanneT

Hi, My dad gave us an open box v8s for Christmas, we've bought a gift card and managed to add all the details, however when we switch the box on there are no channels at all. The signal is 85% - but no channels, it just says 'no information'.

Sorry if this is a common problem, but Google and YouTube haven't been any help.

Thank you.

Hi, My dad gave us an open box v8s for Christmas, we've bought a gift card and managed to add all the details, however when we switch the box on there are no channels at all. The signal is 85% - but no channels, it just says 'no information'.

Sorry if this is a common problem, but Google and YouTube haven't been any help.

Thank you.

Leanne, do you have FTA channels at all?

No we have nothing. No channel list or anything on the screen - though we have the information screen (if that makes sense?), so I can see that the signal is 85% but that the channel list is empty.

No we have nothing. No channel list or anything on the screen - though we have the information screen (if that makes sense?), so I can see that the signal is 85% but that the channel list is empty.

first thing you need to do is make sure the sat feed from the dish in in lnb at the back of the box and not the loop

It is, I've had both cables in there just to check.

Ok so you only need one cable into lnb, none in loop, for the channel list do this, menu> scroll to the left and ok on network upgrade> ok to connect> ok on tp prog, top left> ok on uk list in the middle> yellow for upgrade> now let the box do the work. Once the box has fully rebooted, press FAV on the remote and goto entertainment, then over to bbc1 and see if you now have channels

I have 'upgrade by network' and when I click on it it only offers me Protocol, URL Type, URL etc.

I'm sorry to be so dumb.

---------- Post Merged at 08:15 PM ----------

Ooh I have some channels, it looks like just freeview at the moment even though I entered the gift card details.

Do you have a working network connection.
I.e do you have a ethernet cable plugged into box or a wifi dongle in usb socket.

Have you recently got sky q installed? Cause maybe your satellite is the cause? If so i suspect you dont have a hybrib lnb, google hybrib lnb & you should be good to go after installing that, unless you dish is located on your chimney?

sent from the past using my Zx Spectrum

I struggelt or a long time with the message,"no signal". After installing the open box v8s the correct way, power off, sat.cable, HDMI, Wi-Fi adapter or cable and then the power supply, then power up the TV and open box via remote. It worked perfect. Read and follow the instruction. I was so clever not to do it for several month. Silly me.

Last edited:
If getting no fta channels the problems most probably down to two things lnb or cables. Have you got sky q fitted at the property?

No Signal message on Open Box

If getting no fta channels the problems most probably down to two things lnb or cables. Have you got sky q fitted at the property?

After several month of trying I have got it going. Me, stupid, should have connected it up like it is saying in the instruction. sat. cable, HDMI cable, Internet WIFI dongle/ LAN, power supply, then power up TV and open box on. It worked perfect since then. Thanks for trying to help. Gerhard

Back