OpenATV 5.1 VM line location

BeakyFord

TK Veteran
I have been using OpenVix on zgemma 2s & H1 without many problems however I have not been able to find an OpenVix image for the new zgemma's so I'm trying to get to grips with OpenAtv, I'm having a problem finding the correct location for my VM line as the layout is different to what I'm used to, has anyone got one of these H2H zgemma's to work on VM? If yes could you please tell me where & in what format the line is located plus which cam to use, I'm assuming line will go in newcamd.list & use MGcamd 1.38 rather than CCcam.cfg in etc using CCcam2.3.0 There was no newcamd.list in user/keys so I created one using notepad & entered my line, restarted MGcamd but still only receive fta channels, I have entered my area ID & performed a scan finding just under 400 channels so I am unsure IF I am doing something wrong or IF I am missing parts of the build as Ive only used pre-configured images before.

setting up the h2s is similar to setting up the star 2s, but you have to install your own cam. I don't know how the cable side of it works, but I assume its similar to the old receivers - and the line goes in the same folder as it did previously on your older cable receiver and should probably look the same.

After many frustrating hours yesterday trying & failing to get this thing working I decided to call it a night & start again in the morning, was on my way to bed when I had a eureka moment... I hadn't noticed a MG_cfg file & I was pretty sure I needed one. Came to check Techkings today & saw reply was mg_cfg which filled me with hope that I was on the right track, copied both newcamd.list & mg_cfg from my H1 then used filezilla to ftp onto the H2H in user/keys, restarted the cam & my box is working!

Patch1, I will have a look when Ive got my confidence back up :)

Thank you dsayers2014/MisterB for good advise, knew you guys wouldn't let me down, TK Vets are just one of many reasons to like Techkings :)

Last edited:
i had the same problem when i made my own fresh image it took me about two hours to realise i was missing the config file then i added it and all was good :willy nilly:

---------- Post Merged at 03:08 PM ----------

i had the same problem when i made my own fresh image it took me about two hours to realise i was missing the config file then i added it and all was good :willy nilly:
how is the box im thinking of getting this one when vm finish cabling my street

Others have had more time to play than I have so will have better feedback but 1st impressions are it is quicker to boot & generally seems faster, button response & channel changing speed are far better. I am going to have a go at loading OpenVix tomorrow. I hadn't used OpenATV before & don't really like it although I'm still learning so not really fair for me to judge, Ive used sucmnsee's pre-loaded image before so this is going to be a challenge as I haven't performed a complete setup from scratch.

beaky, why not just put the slyk 1 skin on, I am on openATV with the slyk 1 skin, that's all you actually see anyway (the skin) so I doubt you will see any difference as a 'channel hopper' (as I am !!)

hi MisterB, make no mistake the 1st thing I did was load slyk 1 as I couldn't cope with the layout as it was, went through the rest of the setup & had a issue with EPG location as it wouldn't move from internal & problem trying to access the hard drive so out of frustration I did a factory reset...oh boy...something isnt happy & my box is now stuck trying to boot with a looping counter 50 to 99.
so im back at stage 1 minus a working o/s so Im going to download the newest image & start over, I'm just not sure weather to stick with OpenATV until I understand it & get it working as it should or go straight for OpenVix & work my way through that instead. (my heads a bit battered to be fair so I may just leave it until tomorrow...but what would you suggest ATV or VIX)

beaky, why not just put the slyk 1 skin on, I am on openATV with the slyk 1 skin, that's all you actually see anyway (the skin) so I doubt you will see any difference as a 'channel hopper' (as I am !!)
slyk 1hd is a great skin, just used this skin on both my boxes and it's great. Downloaded the latest 5.1 openatv and started from scratch then installed the slyk 1hd skin and after a few tweaks it is working great.

Back