OpenATV 6.2 Backup Image screen empty!

gav28uk

Hi guys, need a little help here. I have just recently run a software update on my H2H, not carried one out for a long while. I am running Whooshbuild on 6.2. Anyway, after sorting the softcam issues, I thought things were pretty good, so went to run a full image backup, that's where I hit a problem. The Backup Image screen loads, but before when I used it, I had the option of backing up to HDD or USB, now I see an empty screen! The only options are Red button for Cancel and Green for start. If I press the Green button I get a blue screen :-(

I have tried using the default skin and other skins, all result in a blue screen. Curiously the default skin shows me the internal flash as a backup destination, but it still fails with a blue screen :-(

I really, really can't be hassled with doing a re-flash to a brand new build, as I have it just how I like it, mix of Sat/VM and IPTV. Is there anyway I can re-install the Backup Image option, or anyway of running the image backup command from a command line putty session?

Any ideas?

Last edited:

xero50

You might find that if you change to either Metrix or Metrix-HD skin then all of the relevant options will be displayed and will parse, then after performing the desired tasks just flip back to your VM skin.

gav28uk

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried that and then got a blue screen :-(. The MetrixHD skin is showing internal flash as a destination but no HDD which is a shame as I know it’s there and mounted!

wullboy

TK Veteran
And if you are using both a usb stick & a hard drive, then check its not on the stick instead of the hd, incase you have the directory path wrong

gav28uk

Thanks for the suggestions, tried them all, no difference. I decided to save time and stress and simply reverted to a previous backup image, calm has been restored, now fully functional and I shan’t be doing any further software updates for some time :-)