OpenATV 6.2 Backup Image screen empty!

gav28uk

Hi guys, need a little help here. I have just recently run a software update on my H2H, not carried one out for a long while. I am running Whooshbuild on 6.2. Anyway, after sorting the softcam issues, I thought things were pretty good, so went to run a full image backup, that's where I hit a problem. The Backup Image screen loads, but before when I used it, I had the option of backing up to HDD or USB, now I see an empty screen! The only options are Red button for Cancel and Green for start. If I press the Green button I get a blue screen :-(

I have tried using the default skin and other skins, all result in a blue screen. Curiously the default skin shows me the internal flash as a backup destination, but it still fails with a blue screen :-(

I really, really can't be hassled with doing a re-flash to a brand new build, as I have it just how I like it, mix of Sat/VM and IPTV. Is there anyway I can re-install the Backup Image option, or anyway of running the image backup command from a command line putty session?

Any ideas?

Last edited:
You might find that if you change to either Metrix or Metrix-HD skin then all of the relevant options will be displayed and will parse, then after performing the desired tasks just flip back to your VM skin.

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried that and then got a blue screen :-(. The MetrixHD skin is showing internal flash as a destination but no HDD which is a shame as I know it’s there and mounted!

And if you are using both a usb stick & a hard drive, then check its not on the stick instead of the hd, incase you have the directory path wrong

Thanks for the suggestions, tried them all, no difference. I decided to save time and stress and simply reverted to a previous backup image, calm has been restored, now fully functional and I shan’t be doing any further software updates for some time :-)

Back