OpenATV gui - delete empty folders?

harmand

I learned, also thanks to this forum, how to move and copy the multimedia files (for example, from a USB stick to the hdd) using just the remote control and OpenATV's user interface.
I haven't figured out yet, instead, how to delete an empty folder.
If I select one, press the "menu" button on the remote and then choose "remove" from the list, I get... nothing: no messages appear and the folder remains where it was, untouched.

Any suggestions? :]

PS. I already know I could easily succeed by using the command line (rmdir) or by installing some plugins, but my H5 is not connected to a network (LAN or Internet) and anyway I'd like to avoid installing additional software, even if such a choice involves some inconvenience.

I select (highlight) a file, I press the "menu" button on the remote, I choose the "move" command from the menu list and then select the destination folder. After that nothing seems to happen but the file transfer actually starts and its (slow) progress can be seen by pressing the "portal" button on the remote.
You can only select one file (or folder) at a time, but you can repeat the operation multiple times in succession; the various files get queued and then moved one after the other. Obviously it's not the most exciting way ( :] ) to move files, but it definitely works and in my opinion it is quite bearable if the transfers, as in my case, are not very frequent.

what I mean is, are you doing it in the 'file list' page or in dream explorer plugin or something else?

Back