GrogBuild Openatv no Terminal

pabloescaban

VIP Member
Just to make things interesting, flashing openatv nightly builds now means theres no Terminal option in webif.
Adding grogbuild or Wooshbuild is now even harder.
Coupled with the softcam debacle and every other obstacle they put up, on what now seems to be a daily basis.
It begs the question, what are they after? i assumed it was open source/freeware?
it looks like they want paying or are they deliberately trying to kill the image? If they just said its a euro a download, i.dont think anyone would object.
No idea what they are playing at

Just to make things interesting, flashing openatv nightly builds now means theres no Terminal option in webif.
Adding grogbuild or Wooshbuild is now even harder.
Coupled with the softcam debacle and every other obstacle they put up, on what now seems to be a daily basis.
It begs the question, what are they after? i assumed it was open source/freeware?
it looks like they want paying or are they deliberately trying to kill the image? If they just said its a euro a download, i.dont think anyone would object.
No idea what they are playing at

havent flashed my box for ages but will watch this thread
thanx
cheers

As far as im aware putty works...at least on the models tried so far.
Putting ip in opens webif but no Terminal option

I flashed 2 of my boxes a couple of days ago and both have the terminal in openwebif.

If it's not there then you can install via the downloadable plugins, the grogbuild FR setup script installs the terminal plugin, unless there was a feed issue at the time you tried installing.

I don't think it is included as default on bare ATV that's why the setup script installs it.

I had this before on 6.2 long time ago. I remember looking to take a screenshot or something like that and terminal wouldn't do anytjing. Never tested it on 6.3

I find it easier using phone saves running up and downstairs nearly having heart attack just to flash my box lol mobile ssh just same as terminal plus can never get on my computer where lad is with fekkin Minecraft and roblox

I flashed 2 of my boxes a couple of days ago and both have the terminal in openwebif.

If it's not there then you can install via the downloadable plugins, the grogbuild FR setup script installs the terminal plugin, unless there was a feed issue at the time you tried installing.

I don't think it is included as default on bare ATV that's why the setup script installs it.

it's always been on bare openatv.
until yesterday.
you can still use Putty for now, but I've a feeling it won't be long before they close that loophole as well

it's always been on bare openatv.
until yesterday.
you can still use Putty for now, but I've a feeling it won't be long before they close that loophole as well
It can still be installed via the downloadable plugins list (extensions -> openwebif-terminal) if it's not installed by default. Ever since GBFR has been installed via the command line I have had it install the terminal plugin. Something must have made me include that as I wouldn't have if it was installed by default. Maybe some boxes had it installed with bare ATV while others didn't I really can't remember what made me include it.

From what I can tell they are trying to be similar to other images such as vix and pli and I know vix doesn't include the terminal plugin as default. Just personal thinking here.

I can't see the SSH connection (putty) being disabled as these are linux boxes and that is the standard way to connect to a linux box/server.

Also, if installing Grogbuild FR you don't need to flash nightly build first.

It can still be installed via the downloadable plugins list (extensions -> openwebif-terminal) if it's not installed by default. Ever since GBFR has been installed via the command line I have had it install the terminal plugin. Something must have made me include that as I wouldn't have if it was installed by default. Maybe some boxes had it installed with bare ATV while others didn't I really can't remember what made me include it.

From what I can tell they are trying to be similar to other images such as vix and pli and I know vix doesn't include the terminal plugin as default. Just personal thinking here.

I can't see the SSH connection (putty) being disabled as these are linux boxes and that is the standard way to connect to a linux box/server.

Also, if installing Grogbuild FR you don't need to flash nightly build first.

I've always had to flash nightly first if they were using sucmnsee, openvix or any of the variants that don't have Terminal - this was the only way of getting Terminal.
Not sure why you added it to GBFR, you need Terminal installed before you can run FR command line

Being a suspicious bugger, i am beginning to think openatv are getting pressured from somewhere the same as Informir were ?
No other reason for them to keep breaking everything and make life difficult.

Being a suspicious bugger, i am beginning to think openatv are getting pressured from somewhere the same as Informir were ?
Makes you wonder what is going off behind closed doors but could things happen the same way with informer cause its not illegal till modified is it or am I way off the mark I don't fully understand open atv

I do love a good conspiracy theory LOL

They made things difficult before imho, users had to install their own softcam feeds, delete multiple foreign bouquets and plugins etc.
Terminal is easy enough to add from the plugin feeds.

Softcam setup has came from PLI code, keyboard code has came from PLI. Removing terminal who knows? Lol

@grog68 terminal isn't installed on vix so maybe that's why you added it.

Back