Openbox Channel list Update

Dornoch

Just had to buy a new box as my skybox gave up the ghost so bought a Openbox V8S as I thought it would be similar to operate. Box came with channel list already installed but thought I would install the latest cwaites list in case it was an old pre installed list.
Now through the years with my old box I would download new channel list onto a memory stick and put in box. I would then delete old channel list and load new list via upgrade by usb option on tools section. I tried to do this with the new box but it doesnt work,ust tells me it has failed whic meant I had no channels and no way of uploading one.

While going through the menu options i came across some tp progs installed in the Upgrade by network section. Now this section is different to my old box as it has firmware,key,tp prog,others and unknown sections which I never had before. Now if this has the tp prog how do I install a new channel list tp prog when the time comes?

I reinstalled the uk tp prog from this list so my channels are all back but need to know what im doing wrong please. As you can read from my ramblings im not too techy but can follow instructions if they are step by step for a dummy please .
Thanks

If its a new box then you should be able to update the channel list via network settings now

Yes, i`ve got the v8s Myself, as said above just do it via the network settings. Don`t forget to delete old list first :)

Last edited:
Go into your network settings and you will see the option to update the firmware or TP files,There are a few videos on youtube if that helps

Back