Openbox is driving me mad

COYBIG!

I am not the smartest on techy stuff but I had researched about the openbox and thought I was doing good. I have a 4g sim router which has decent speed averaging around 20mb per sec and can go up to 32 sometimes. Anyway I had my openbox in opposite corner of the window with the router beside it and connected with a ethernet cable. It was ok for a while but started glitching so then I thought maybe the router needs to be on the window and I put it on the window and connected via homeplugs. But still it continued to glitch so I put it back beside the box. The glitching wasnt bad on st stephens day for the football no bother with the united or liverpool game and everton game. But it glitched a lot in the southampton game. I was told the box only needed 1mb and sure im averaging 20mb and the lowest drops too would be 14mb. The glitching is occuring a lot more frequent now around maybe once every hour. Should I switch server and is there a test to indicate my server is not good. I will be uprgrading soon but I want this to fixed now so It can last until the end of May. I will try out the hybrid box combo with the satellite and Android together. Your thoughts would be most welcome. Please help us out with this box before I tear my blood hair out :(

The easiest way to see where the problem lies is to try another server
you can then compare results.

Moving the box and router from one place to another won't make any difference
and your neighbours may start to worry about you lol

Finally, don't use homeplugs in extension leads if you can help it, straight into a socket.

Last edited:
My neighbours are beyond worried at this stagelol Ok and I think the line glitching every hour is a bit too frequent in my opinion. Btw why shouldnt I use homeplugs in the extension leads

Can cause glitching lol

If it's a double socket put a homeplug in one and run anything else on an extension lead
in the other.

If it's a single you may end up using a "pass through" homeplug,
then plug the extension lead into that.

pass.jpg

Go with the line first though.

Last edited:
Back