Openbox V8 line works - but not on Zgemma H2S ?

Hi folks.

Here's a connundrum I have regarding my new Zgemma H2S box. I think it's great yet it keeps glitching a lot when even watching FTA channels. And her indoors is not impressed and therefore it will not be replacing the big ugly box under the TV as planned that costs us money every month and will replace the V8 in the bedroom. Seems a waste though.

However I have a fully working Openbox V8 upstairs. I have followed the USB dump instructions and have the line details saved on a pen drive.

I have connected ( by network wire ) to my Zgemma H2S and can easily go into the USR/KEYS folder and save my test line CCcam ( which runs out today ) into another folder i called backup - at this point the signal goes, as it would.

Then I paste the CCcam line from my pen drive into its place and it should work, but doesn't.
I have altered it to be a CWS = line AND a N: .... line and still nothing.
I havent tried a C: line format as yet ( just remembered that ) nothing.

But it works on the V8 box?
WHY??
What am I doing wrong?

I have tried all ideas, CCcam, newcamd etc and i'm missing something.

Please help.

Thank You

If you have a C: line you place this inside the CCcam.cfg in the /etc folder and run the CCcam emulator, you do not change the C: part for either an N: or a CWS = as this is for N: (newcamd) lines only.

If as you say your FTA channels are glitching then that has nothing to do with your line but is a possible fault with either your LNB or Box, Also if your running a V8s on the same LNB this can also cause problems

FreeUK
Thanks for the swift response!

The line that was dumped onto USB from the V8 box starts with

CWS =

I have just pasted that into the ESR/KEYS folder as a newcamd list file ( that's what it copied off the V8 box as ) - then tried the cam settings on H2s. ( all ways )
That never worked at all.

So then I changed the CWS = .......... to a N: "then line details" and put that in the keys folder as a CCcam file. ( no joy either ) picture goes off.

Then when I put he line test N:line ( CCcam ) file back in there the picture comes back again.

I am stumped.

The V8 box is unplugged and hasn't been plugged in with the Zgemma either .

Confused.

Thanks

Hi Dsayers.

OMG I WISH I had seen your post when you sent it an hour ago. I have been scouring the web all day and have done exactly that ( info from another site ) .
I got a mg_cfg file and then dropped that in the folder ( just using drag and drop from within windows 7 network ) AND THEN IT WORKED !
WHoo Hoo
The V8 now goes in the cupboard.
I am still not allowed to get rid of Sly though - orders from the missus.

Thanks

Back