Openbox V8 PRO

the reaper

VIP Member
Not your normal everyday Openbox but having installed and tested [replaced one of my V8s] I am now addicted.

STB TEST REPORT
V8 PRO FROM WINSAT. Grimreaper Satellite Promotions

Results for testing Openbox V8 PRO Satellite Receiver.

Scores are based on 1 to 10----1 being lowest​

a] Ease of setting up -------------------------------------------------6/10
b] No instructions for new style remote---------------------------4/10​
c] Instruction manual too small-------------------------------------5/10​
d] Size-----------------------------------------------------------------10/10​
e] Cost-----------------------------------------------------------------10/10​
f] Flawless delivery--------------------------------------------------10/10​

The instruction manual to assist setting up STB is typical of Openbox, it's far too small in size and print. It also needs more basic instructions on setting the box up for use and not on what it can do but how to do it.​
Great remote –also controls TV but no instructions.​
Not enough support for this box yet---www.freesat.cn provides support but really needs to change its file extensions for easier downloading and opening by user.​
Needs a channel list and the facility to load one.​
STB was tested over 24 hour period using USALS to travel in an arc from 30w to 42e, scanned in 7 satellites on multi-scan without problems.​
CCcam loaded and worked very well.​
I have now tested on terrestrial freeview and cable and can confirm all work well.
The apps added to this box are a fantastic addition but I think they need to be located by the user and​
sorted to requirements. Also IPTV works and WEBTV working ok.​
All in all, this is a great little box and you get your moneysworth but a bit diminished by the instructions manual, lack of remote control guide, setting up guide and the support site.​
Hopefully the manufacturers at Winsat will take note and swing into action.​
This box is unique in its capabilities and with a few adjustments could be a sure fire winner for Winsat.​
Reaper [January 2016]

V8 Pro-a08(960.jpg

Last edited:
I got it direct from makers and even with postage [which actually only took 3 days] it was cheaper than any of the clones/fakes etc that have turned up on e-bay.

Reaper.

check it out at www.freesat.cn but price will be cost only. That means I will get the best price deal and pass it on as I do not believe in ripping friends off.. PM me if you want to know more.
Reaper.

PM me----------price deal circa
Reaper.

Note--- Because of DHL imposing duty and vat the actual price of each box is PM me
Every box is genuine factory direct, stamped and serial numbered.
Every box has latest firmware installed and channels set for sky--[set your own box to cable or terrestrial]
There is no profit on this box for me or anyone else therefore restricted to members only.
Please note that price can fluctuate because of chinese yuan/pound and duty rates.

Last edited:
PM me----------price deal circa £39.00 plus P&P
Reaper.

Note--- Because of DHL imposing duty and vat the actual price of each box is £39.40 + p&p
Every box is genuine factory direct, stamped and serial numbered.
Every box has latest firmware installed and channels set for sky--[set your own box to cable or terrestrial]
There is no profit on this box for me or anyone else therefore restricted to members only.
Please note that price can fluctuate because of chinese yuan/pound and duty rates.

Aye carumba that's cheap. Annoyed I bought a v8s now.............still if I hadn't I wouldn't have found this forum!

Stupid question, but if I dump my cfg with the server info in it, would that work on a PRO?

Cheers,

NQ.

Niall---yes you can put your line into the V8 PRO

Just remember that these boxes are different from the older type boxes---little patience required to understand them but once up then no problem .
I always advise putting a cork under each corner to allow airflow---stops any overheating---at nite or whenever you've finished with box just switch to standby plus an on/off switch has been added at rear if box off for a long period or if reflashing etc.
The box is approx same size as F3 0r Dream500.
Reaper.

To install cable--read pages 26/27 of included guide.
Terrestrial on following page and installation of sat is self explanatory.
PDF instructions available on support site freesat service
Reaper.

How to install C line into V8 PRO/Golden/Super

Format a USB key to FAT32 and add your CCcam.cfg to it.
Power on box and tv and tune to a non-hd fta channel such as BBC1.
Insert USB key into rear or side usb port.
Press menu on remote and go to network config----press 6666 on remote and cs protocol will appear at bottom of list.
Click on cs protocol and chose CCcam at top of screen----scroll down to usb account and click on it---load data and save.
Go down to apply and click on it--save. Exit out of set up and reboot box, removing key.
Once screen opens again check encrypted channels.

If you wish to load line manually then open and select CCcam as above, go to next line and click to on, enter the line details using the m/p that appears, save and apply. Reboot as before.
Reaper.

Last edited:
Reactions: PCM
Back