Openbox V8S No Signal

jrr_2k

Needing a bit help please. I've had a V8S box for almost a year now with no problems. I've come in from work yesterday and my 2 year old son has had a hold of the remote, it had a message onscreen which I didnt take much notice of and just clicked ok. Long story short He's managed to do something and Im not getting anything at all, not even the FTA stuff, its just saying no signal. I need a guru to try walk me through it to get everything back if possible. I've do a factory reset hoping this would do something but its still the same, No signal. I've also noticed in the antenna set up section its only showing 36% signal. Im guessing hes knocked the settings somehow and its not scanning the right signal area? Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi Jrr, check the LNB power setting is turned on, check in the sat list yours is ticked, retune. try updating the TPlist.
BTW any flashing has potential to brick the box, but if it doesn't work anyway...

My younger bro kept messing in the menu, I sorted it by opening the remote and sticking some tape over the circuit board where the menu button is.

Last edited:
OK lNB is on. Not sure how I update my to list?

---------- Post Merged at 07:27 PM ----------

Also looking in the antenna set up. It's on sky UK 28A. LNB frequency 5150-5750
Transponder 10846 V 23000
Diseqc1.0 and 1.1 disabled
22k off
Motor type off

OK I've set the LNB frequency 9750- 10600 and still nothing. Would it help if I took some screen shots of the settings? Looking in other various menus I've noticed I'm only getting signal intensity 36% and signal quality 10%. I think I need to start from scratch and get it all set up. If someone can help with this please?

OK I've set the LNB frequency 9750- 10600 and still nothing. Would it help if I took some screen shots of the settings? Looking in other various menus I've noticed I'm only getting signal intensity 36% and signal quality 10%. I think I need to start from scratch and get it all set up. If someone can help with this please?

Make sure no 15 is ticked in the satellite list menu ?
The 36%/10% are the standard default values shown when no signal is received.
If everything appears ok then you may need to try a new correct power supply unit as this also gives the same problem you have.
Do not use any other than the correct unit.
Also try if possible to run the box somewhere else to test it ?

Mmm power supply might have nailed something there. U was having a cable management and sorting all the cables. I might have plugged the wrong one back in! I'll check that now and let you know.

All sorted, nice one Benijofar. It was the power supply cable, my android box and openbox have the same power supply plug, I've plugged the android box cable into the openbox when i've put everything back. Just switched them over and as if by magic its working. It must run off a different voltage range so cant run the box correctly. I was ready to throw it in the bin for dead. Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions

OMG Nearly 5 years later and having same issue and if it wasnt for a very kind tk veteran by the name of

pieeater2015

that directed me to this post and helped me sort my problem to with the wrong power supply, I also had a 5v android power supply plugged in which was obviously not enough power to work with the lnb, when it shouldve been the original 12v power supply or just a same connector 12v power supply.
So yeap that sorted my problem also, it was so obvious that I didnt even think of checking.
Good Job Guys.

Back