Openbox V8s online but no channels

I have a V8s box and just purchased a code from Ebay for 12 months sky, the seller seemed reputable with 100% feedback.
The box is online and working and the code is activated/saved however after re-booting I am still only getting the basic freeview channels.

Has any one came across this problem and managed to resolve it?

Thanks

Rule No1 --- never buy gifts/lines off e-bay
Rule No2 --- no crying when the gift/line runs out quick or doesn't work
Rule No3 --- don't trust e-bayers with 100% reps---just means punters give early feedback before he shuts and runs.
Have a nice day.
Reaper.

I have a V8s box and just purchased a code from Ebay for 12 months sky, the seller seemed reputable with 100% feedback.
The box is online and working and the code is activated/saved however after re-booting I am still only getting the basic freeview channels.

Has any one came across this problem and managed to resolve it?

Thanks

I was in the same position as you a few day`s ago, tempted to buy from ebay ! Thank god i found this wonderful forum and purchased from a member here ! i suggest you do the same, cut your losses and learn from your mistake :)

Hi thanks for the comments I have bought the gift via PayPal so I will be able to get my money back. I did contact the seller who stated I would have to up date the channel listings for it to work properly does this sound about right. I have looked on YouTube they advise using a memory stick to upload the list to my laptop is this the best route. Can anyone recommend someone who can supply me with a code that will work if that's the problem.
thanks Barry

If anyone can make any recommendations I can also be contacted on FB open or as a private message.
barry angela mclean

Could installing a new channel solve the problem or is this unlikely

---------- Post Merged at 06:31 PM ----------

Sorry last post should have said channel list.

Could installing a new channel solve the problem or is this unlikely

Have you updated the channel list yet, if not then do this menu> network upgrade> ok to connect> ok on tp prog on the left> ok on the uk list in the middle> yellow for upgrade> let the box do the work and once rebooted goto sky sport1 and see if anything has changed. If it hasn't get yourself a test line from someone on Graveheads post above

a few things to check
check f connectors and Ethernet cable are in the back box properly
reboot router and box
update channel list

I have tried to update my channel list I am now getting a message stating I need to update firmware. I have downloaded a file from openbox website and put it on a usb stick a message came up stating properties not included can I still install this firmware upgrade

I think I have sorted my openbox v8s most channels are working other than sky box office this states on 0001 skyspboxoff has this got anything to do with it.

Box office only comes on when the boxing/wrestling etc programme has started if your provider has it in his line package

Hi
thanks everyone for your advice I now have the box working fully. The reason why it would not work was the code was not accepted as the firmware on the box needed to be updated which I did once I had downloaded a file onto a stick. I was then able to update the channel list without a stick all channels including the movies are now working.
I have two more questions that I am sure have been asked and answered many times before can Kodi be uploaded onto my Openbox v8s. If I take my Openbox or android box to Spain will they work as they do here.
Thanks again everybody

Back