Openbox V8S - What have I done?!

cliff0t

Firstly apologies as I am a complete newbie at this.

My first problem was a scrambled message for sky channels so I've followed advice on the forums by upgrading by network - firmware (openbox_v8s_3511hd_cmt) and tp prog (UK) and completing a single satellite search.

Now my channel list has no channels but 0001 says 20092016 and 0002 says cwaite.dyndns.tv.

What on earth have i done? Can someone please help me fix this?!

Press the 'all sat button' on your remote. All the channels should be there. Then update the channel list in network settings
Thanks for the reply but the channels are no longer there and I've updated the channel list. Any other suggestions

Thanks but done that with no success

As you have done a firmware upgrade you've most likely wiped your connection.

If you can do this try menu> network upgrade> firmware upgrade> make sure you pick the v8s> upgrade

now once rebooted, menu> network upgrade> tp prog on the left> uk list> ok to upgrade and your channels will be back, try the premium channels and if all is good then your line was saved, if not add the details you got from your provider and all should be good

Cheers bigpaddy14 and garyth - i have most channels now! Some missing though. Also the EPG button for channel programme times is not bringing up some programme timings. Do you guys know anything about this?

Cheers bigpaddy14 and garyth - i have most channels now! Some missing though. Also the EPG button for channel programme times is not bringing up some programme timings. Do you guys know anything about this?
What time does your box show? Should show when you change channels?

The EPG on a V8S is well known for being awful! The XMLTV version is only marginally better. You'd be better off with a copy of the TV Times!

Back