Openbox V8S white screen DVB Warning

j36576786

Hi everyone, i'm relatively new to this and this is my first post (so please be gentle), I brought home an Openbox V8S (free from a friend's attic), after only a small amount of research, I gather this is a relatively old box that's still somewhat useful for basic viewing but people hate it to death due to a plethora of issues. A good start. Anyways, I had it all working earlier, set up to the best of my knowledge and it seemed fine, however, I decided to try and update the firmware via the network. It completed the update and restarted, since the update, it gets to 100% loaded and the white Openbox screen apears, however it goes no further. There is also a message in yellow at the top of the screen - 'DVB Warning Level 60.0x0.31.15 IMEL:000000000000'. So....yeah, that's where i'm at, I've looked through the forums and found nothing on this. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Factory reset it would be the best and load a channel list via usb stick, still a fair amout of channels (paid) available on satellite.Let me know if you need any help.

Not too sure how to go about factory resetting the box, I have limited access to the menus. It seems I can only access network IP configuration settings and a menu where I can access a USB drive. Starting to get the feeling the box may be bricked, unless I can load a firmware onto it using rs232. Also, i'm guessing a TP_PROG file would be a channel list?

Thanks

Factory reset it would be the best and load a channel list via usb stick, still a fair amout of channels (paid) available on satellite.Let me know if you need any help.
does the v8s still clear the remaining sly channels with cline or are the cams out of date now?
i have found up one in cupboard not used for years i dont have satellite dish to check it and was going to give away to a friend if any good still

does the v8s still clear the remaining sly channels with cline or are the cams out of date now?
i have found up one in cupboard not used for years i dont have satellite dish to check it and was going to give away to a friend if any good still
You can get over a hunded paid channels stil using a cline so worth havng

Back