openbox v8s

jasp1771

Hello all

Ive recently moved house, i've put up all the tv's up, had a new dish installed and cables run, tonight i'm ready to switch it all on and my openbox and get everything ready in time for the football to begin this weekend.

But, nothing works, so i have usb stick containing some files that the guy sent me some time ago, did the flash thing, still didn't work. So i decided in my wisdom to select the factory setting, erase all and start again, and now i'm in hell of a mess.

Everything channel says, no signal. My epg doesn't show anything, my snr reading is 5% and the signal strength is showing 0%.

Can anyone talk this idiot through getting his box working again??

Regards
Jason.

Have you made sure no 15 astra 28.2 has a tick next to it in satellite settings ?

Download no 81 from the YOJIATECH site will bring your firmware up to date.
You can then download the channel list via internet after that.
If you cannot then see FTA channels then the problem lies elsewhere ie lnb/psu/cabling etc

The reason I asked how old the box was to simplify the post but its been removed. you could've updated your channel list over the network but this wont be possible, youll now have to download the latest skybox channel list from this forum and add via usb. Your connection details need to be added in the camds setup, if you've added before then just follow the same process. Or if you need anymore help Im happy to help if you pm me. Might be easier as you ask for a idiots guide

Hi, I've had a similar issue apart from I have updated as previous posts and some times the box will let me connect to the 'upgrade by network' and sometimes not. The line is ok and working but not all channels unscramble

Just wanted to say a quick thank you, as I'm hopeful when I get home you will have solved my problem too. Cheers, Adam.

Congratulations/welldone/and yes you do LOL
Ask /request a line within the general satellite discussion area on forum.
Reaper.

Back