Openbox VX2

Andy14

Hi all , thinking of upgrading my old v8s/plus openbox to a new Openbox VX2 2gig android as it has good reviews now my old sub has expired.
Question: I see it has a TV Center app so will this run just freeview channels or does this require a freeview sub line to run this app?
I will be using the vx2 stb emu app for iptv but wondered if it is worth keeping old box just for the freeview sat channels as backup as old box great for this.
I kept the old openbox v8s as it has a scart out and my man cave telly does not have hdmi inputs but now got a hdmi-scart converter working and feeding hdmi for my nvr to test so thought would give it a shot so to make it a kinda smart tv until it dies and have to get my purse out for a new one.

Thanks

Hi, the box is just a normal android box ( no sat tuner )with STB EMU pro pre-installed for you, so it can't be connected to your dish in order to run freeview. You would need to use your old box if you wanted a back up.

STB EMU pro is posted here

It's basically the same as any other 2Gb android box.

They are very flexible though, STB EMU gives you the MAG box look which makes it really easy to use.

You can install all the Catch Up TV apps for free, install Terrarium ( also on this site) and other Apps for all your films and box sets.

Install a dodgy Netflix pass amongst other things.

I use a T95Z Plus with a mini keyboard, nice bit of kit.

Hi Bees ,
Thanks for the info , so there is not really an app that will provide just freeview channels?
Will look at the T95z as a comparison box instead and keep my old one for freeview backup. Many thanks.

Think you would need something like a Formuler box which is basically an android box with a
sat tuner.

Something like this

Formuler S mini UHD 4K Android 7 Satellite Media Streamer IPTV Receiver

You can get freeview TV apps which you can load for free but never used one.
I guess they will be similar to Terestrial freeview, which has less channels than Sat freeview.

Last edited:
If you still want satellite freeview why not just stick with a satellite box for IPTV and sat as the STBEMU is ok but I think enigma set up,skins and operating system are far better and run just as well if you get a decent box.Also you have the IPTV player for movies and TV shows.

New zgemma h9s is a decent box for the price single tunner quad core processor boots up much faster

Just been looking at the boxes , has given me some food for thought as be good to have it all on one box, thanks all

Back