Satellite OpenVix 5.4.003 Where is Autobouquetsmaker?

PJO

Just received my ZGemma H7S (Set one up for a friend lately and decided to buy one). Two questions: is Autobouquetsmaker missing or not showing in the plugins or moved? I can no longer find it where I expected it. Second, is there a web page with a guide to recommended plugins for this ZGemma? The info in the catalog is terse to say the least, and much of it is for other boxes.

AutoBouquetsMaker
CrossEPG
EPGImporter

er, that's it so far.

Seems impossible to know from looking at the available plugins/extensions what is for the H7S and is worthwhile.

AutoBouquetsMaker
CrossEPG
EPGImporter

er, that's it so far.

Seems impossible to know from looking at the available plugins/extensions what is for the H7S and is worthwhile.
Any plugins available to download/install are compatible with that box

Why? I just searched on it and found the site willobuild.com and I'm none the wiser. Not even a hint of an About page.

Ordered it with OpenVix, haven't done any flashing. I know there are 4 slots available for boot firmware but haven't needed to go beyond first so far.

A build, in this case willobuild, has enhancements already configured along with plugins already setup and skins and other aesthetics.
You can put it on one partition and try it to see what you think.
There's other builds based on openatv if you want to try these to see which you prefer

What did you flash to your friend's receiver you recently set up?
I have set up two units. Both of which were ordered with OpenVix. I first set up for a friend with a ZGemma to enable him to get shot of Sky, which he has now done. I subsequently decided to buy one myself. The first was set up in a hurry and with limited time in his home which has been divided in two (student coming and going in one half, where the TV and ZGemma lives; adults in the other half). Mine arrived later and when I updated it I found some differences in the UI which confused me.

Weren't you tempted to click on the instructions button?

View attachment 56602
Not in the slightest.

Why would I click on instructions on how to install something without first knowing what it is (beyond "a custom build")?

It's pretty standard for software to be released with 1. Explanation of what it does; 2. Requirements for installation; 3. Instructions.

This allows people to decide quickly whether to proceed further or not.

See e.g., the last TV-related package I installed: dave-p/TVHadmin

I'm not stuck. If you read the thread you'll see that someone answered my original question right away and I acknowledged the reply. Thanks.
In post #6 you asked what plugins/extensions are available etc.
It would help to know what you are intending to use the box for, freesat, eorosat, IPTV etc

Why? I just searched on it and found the site willobuild.com and I'm none the wiser. Not even a hint of an About page.

I get where you are coming from on two levels - 1. we around here are well used to what a 'build' is, and we throw that term about willy nilly, without ever explaining in it's basest form what a build is.
Basically, a build is the end result of someone like Willo, Grog, or Wooshman setting up a box to what they see as perfection with all the useful bells and whistles added, and without all the bloat that can come with ATV and Vix, which they then share a backup of (not exactly, but close enough)
There are varying opinions of whether you should use a build, or stat setting up your box from scratch yourself.

2. when you see Autobouquetmaker, epgimporter, movie organiser, or any of the other popular plugins, it is rare that they are accompanied by a description of what they do.
For me, it is trial and error as to what is useful for you, and how many to install without slowing down your box. the three mentioned, plus my IPTV suppliers plugin are the only ones I use regularly.

If you say what your end goal is, it is probably easerr then to point you to the plugins you need.

I hope none of that sounds condescending, it is certainly not meant that way.

No worries. I certainly appreciate any and all help and was amazed and thankful to find an immediate answer to a question posed here (I stumbled on the answer already but it was reassuring). I understand the concept of a build but, if I have any criticism of the whole business of building things and putting them out there, it's that mere mortals aren't expected to engage, or to understand in the absence of clear documentation. It's a pity as the robustness and ease of use of the platform are considerable. I can only speak for myself but I like to find comparison information at my fingertips: why this build, why that one. Show me a table of features and let me see a quick rundown. The information on extensions is limited and not everyone has time for trial and error.

I still don't know what's so great about any build -- differences between them and current desktop.
In post #6 you asked what plugins/extensions are available etc.
It would help to know what you are intending to use the box for, freesat, eorosat, IPTV etc
Ah, ok.

My friend's aim was to replace a Sky box and switch to free to air TV with PVR facilities now, and IPTV later and, ideally, Netflix (which he uses on a PC now).

I use LibreElec (a version of Kodi) on a PC that is getting a bit long in the tooth and decided to buy a ZGemma as a 2nd PVR, also for FTA TV (in both cases 28.8E satellite).

This was

a) in case my PC motherboard croaks -- it's a silent build with no moving parts and any update will cost as much as a ZGemma -- but also
b) because I'd reached the end of my patience with a Sony Bravia TV (KDL-32W505B) on which I can record on a USB drive and which I use as a backup PVR.

(The Sony TV uses Gracenote for the EPG, is unbearably slow, and sometimes the EPG simply isn't available. Trying to set it to record something was reminiscent of waiting for Windows to finish doing updates before you could send a quick email. Maddening. The ZGemma has effectively given it a brain transplant.)

I have it working but I have no doubt that there's more I can do with it, e.g., connecting to a streaming webcam. Looking through the list of plugins was not particularly enlightening. Yes, some like IP Checker, with English text beneath are clear, but many-with-hyphenated-links-underneath-are-effectively-gibberish to those not already initiated. A web page with a narrative account of each would be useful. As I'm not Sherlock I don't have the faintest idea what Sherlock is. Having to use Google to find out ... seriously? For each? It's also not clear which plugins are already installed as some seem to be -- there's no visible distinction between those that are and those that are not. Offhand I can't think of any other software I use for which that's true.

I'm intending these observations constructively. If there's a wiki somewhere I'd be happy to contribute to it.

Traditionally, (on TK) a build was a person's 'perfect' setup with the best skins, plugins and settings for a certain receiver that was shared with others.
Now, the builds can be installed on any E2 box by various methods. There are usually instructions or a link to them in the 'All Builds' section.

If you go into the plugins menu and press red to remove plugins, it will list all installed plugins. Green to install plugins shows the ones that are not installed.
Can't help with the lack of documentation, sorry. No one is getting paid to do this stuff and it's all done voluntarily to help others.

Most builds will have the most popular skins and plugins so that the average user doesn't have faff about too much.

Last edited:
Back