openvix bug found 5.1.012

cactikid

VIP Member
Please read before online updating from Release 5.1.012.
All users please note that due to a small bug in release 5.1.012 users must upgrade using one of the following methods:

1) Recommend way, open a telnet session to your receiver and enter this command:
Code:
init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 6
2) FTP the attached update.pyo to /usr/lib/enigma2/python > Restart GUI > Online update as normal via the GUI, answer yes to the warning question.

3) Couch flash your receiver via GUI. You will need to have a storage device connected to your receiver, USB or HDD. Blue button > ViX > Image Manager > Press Yellow to download release 5.1.013 or above > Once download press red button to close image selection download screen > Highlight the image you've just downloaded > Press Blue button to flash. Backup of settings is automatically done before the flash commences ready for restore after the flash.

4) USB flash as normal. Backup your settings first to a storage device. Blue button > ViX > Backup Manager. You'll then be able to restore your settings after the USB flash. Receiver USB flashing guides can be found
if needed.

many thanks to the vix team support:(y):
:(y)::(y)::grin:

What's the bug?
Dunno, and I've only just seen this,
But when I upgraded to 12 lots of funny things happened with tuners and stuff, I thought it was my settings on multisat and diseqc , and hadn't time to mess about so simply restored a back up image.

I had no issues at all on a VU solo2 se, but did the upgrade anyway.. [ you never know...i could be missing out on something ] :grin::grin::grin:

I'm getting this at the end of the telnet session

Collected errors:
* pkg_run_script: package "enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-autobouquetsmaker" postrm script returned status 1.
root@osmini:~# Connection closed by foreign host.

Back