OpenVix Custom EPG with channel numbers (v1.1 beta)

dsayers2014

VIP Member
OpenVix Custom EPG (v1.6 beta)
(built 22/04/16)
Tested with OpenVix image upto and including 4.1 016 please do not install this above vix4.1.016

This plugin allows you to:-

• Re-assign/customise the 4 coloured key options (Red, Green, Yellow & Blue) within the Graphical EPG of OpenVix
  • Display channel numbers within graphical EPG
  • Allow entering and switching to a channel within Graphical EPG **

HOW TO CHANGE COLOURED BUTTON OPTIONS WITHIN EPG:

1. Menu > Setup > System > EPG > Graphical EPG settings
  2. Scroll down and select the coloured button you wish to change (ie "Red button") and choose, from available options, what you wish the button to do.
  3. Press <Green> button on remote to save settings

HOW TO DISPLAY CHANNEL NUMBERS WITHIN EPG:

2. Under "Service Title Mode", choose an option that includes channel number
  3. Under "Use Channel Numbers from First Bouquetor spacific bouquet", if you use the all channels bouquet select the main bouquet (normally "All Channels") i dont have the all channels bouquet so i have it disabled then my channel numbers are correct for every bouquet .
  4. Press <Green> button on remote to save settings

HOW TO ALLOW ENTERING AND SWITCHING TO A CHANNEL WITHIN EPG:**

2. Under "Use ZapTo Channel", select 'Yes'
  3. Press <Green> button on remote to save settings

** EPG Tabs option has to be support by the skin. Currently, only slyk1 HD, Red-HD, Blue-HD,Vix Night and VixBMC 1080 Confluence Skins are supported. These skins have to be pre-installed prior to installing this plugin to work.

NOTICE:
I recommend making a full image backup of your current image before installing this custom EPG mod plugin.

This should work on most enigma2 boxes running recent OpenVix image.

This plugin makes a backup of key original EPG files before installation and providing there were no errors, these key original EPG files are restored upon removal of this plugin.

PRE-REQUISITE (These are IMPORTANT):

• Recent OpenVix image (currently 4.1.1.010 there seems to be a bug when going into trashcan on images after vix4.1.010)
  • For EPG Tabs currently only slyk1hd, blue hd and vm hd are supported

HOW IT WILL LOOK:
Below are some screenshots of how the setup should look depending on whether Slyk1 HD, Blue-HD or Red-HD skin has been installed

(screenshots of Slyk1 HD only)

slyk1hd epg.jpg

GraphicalEPG settings.jpg

button setup.jpg

HOW TO INSTALL:

1. Please make a full backup of your current image first.
  2. Using FTP (eg FileZilla), ftp this file over to "/tmp" on your box.
  3. Using telnet, type "opkg install /tmp/*.ipk" or use install local plugin option within image
  4. Restart your box.

DISCLAIMER:
As this plugin makes slight modifications to some EPG files, menu options and skins, it's therefore possible that this plugin can cause your system to crash or worse-case cause a boot-loop due to new changes OpenVix/OE-A alliance team may make after this plugin has been released.

Although it's rare that these EPG files may be changed, it's still possible. I will update beginning of this thread with current image I've tested upto. Therefore, if using on a newer version that I haven't tested then please be cautious and ensure you have backed-up your image first.

download here View attachment enigma2-plugin-extensions-openvixcustomepg_1.16_all.ipk.zip

This plugin makes a backup of key original EPG files before installation and providing there were no errors, these key original EPG files are restored upon removal of this plugin.
To uninstall this plugin simply press portal red to remove plugins extensions and select it from there

Thanks to the various people and developers of this plugin. I would like to thank anyone else involved

---------- Post Merged at 06:58 PM ----------

vskin with channel numbers
vskin epg.jpg

this will work with other skins but may not display the epg tabs that needs to be supported by the skin designer

Last edited:
Have a look at adding channel numbers via custommix.xml but later vix images have channel numbers on epg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Is there any way of changing the button functions? The plugin gave you the ability to change the coloured buttons and it made channel up and down flick up and down pages in EPG, how difficult would that be to do by myself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard mate you could have a look at openatv github they've added the colored functions in a py file im not sure which.

What problems does it actually cause on images above the one you stated anyway? I'm not doubting you as I know nothing about coding but I didn't actually notice any issues myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just passing on the info from the plugin creater he said from time to time images can change core py files that effect this plugin so he's advised not to use it above if it's working fine then your ok but vix could change the py files that will break it just like when it was causing issues going into timeshift and trashcan on an alder version.

hi Just installed on my zgemma H2 running vix and the box has gone into a boot loop. how do I uninstall this. I can ftp into the box but can't find it under installed plugins. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter

Last edited:
Has anyone got a copy of this image for the ZGEMMA STAR LC so I can use this skin please? Only images I can find are the newer ones!!

Latest vix images support channel numbers on epg so you don't need to install this anymore.

Back