Openvix image for Star 2s

jlg1

Hi everyone.

Apologies if this is easier to find but I can't get a download for an openvix image.

Running wooshbuild v5 on both my boxes but not great with iptv..provider says def no issues at their end and judging by reviews it seems my boxes are the issue.

Before handing out for a better box/boxes wanted to flash openvix and give it a go..thinking maybe the box just can't handle it but worth a try.

Appreciate any tips or if you know where I can still get an image...was thinking not too many still using the star 2s esp for iptv given it's a sat box. ?

Cheers...

James

AFAIAA
Openvix is no longer patched for those boxes,
Try flashing with a new version of atv and putting woosh infinity on,
You have a very outdated image on the box.

Oh, remember and save your line details before doing anything.

AFAIAA
Openvix is no longer patched for those boxes,
Try flashing with a new version of atv and putting woosh infinity on,
You have a very outdated image on the box.

Oh, remember and save your line details before doing anything.

Cheers for that..yes I thought it was an old image..is it easy to get at from the site here...I think I got woosh v5 from wooshman at the time.

Provider told me iptv doesn't usually work well on wooshbuild...said to put a basic build on... so the box isn't pushed too much etc...

Cheers for the help..

J

Cheers for that..yes I thought it was an old image..is it easy to get at from the site here...I think I got woosh v5 from wooshman at the time.

Provider told me iptv doesn't usually work well on wooshbuild...said to put a basic build on... so the box isn't pushed too much etc...

Cheers for the help..

J
Your provider is right,
It's quite an old box, a basic image will perform better, if you are happy with that, no bells or whistles, I don't use any build on my boxes , and they are reasonably new.
Try plain ATV ,

Your provider is right,
It's quite an old box, a basic image will perform better, if you are happy with that, no bells or whistles, I don't use any build on my boxes , and they are reasonably new.
Try plain ATV ,
Cheers..I see the download link..as much as the skin looks good and I'm used to it the pain of freezing channels and issues isn't worth it..just want to be able to watch and record stuff.

Thanks a lot..

I'll get openatv downloaded..so basically forget woosh infinity and run just openatv...?

James

Cheers..I see the download link..as much as the skin looks good and I'm used to it the pain of freezing channels and issues isn't worth it..just want to be able to watch and record stuff.

Thanks a lot..

I'll get openatv downloaded..so basically forget woosh infinity and run just openatv...?

James
Try it and see how you get on with it.

Cheers for the help..

J
Your provider dosnt know what he's on about with iptv dosnt work well with wooshbuild a lot of people use wooshbuild with iptv I do no problems he wants you to stick to the image you have and keep his iptv on there so he dosnt have to help you set it back up mate you can use plain open atv aswell I had a simular problem my supplier told me same up until some vip members said the same as I've posted

Your provider dosnt know what he's on about with iptv dosnt work well with wooshbuild a lot of people use wooshbuild with iptv I do no problems he wants you to stick to the image you have and keep his iptv on there so he dosnt have to help you set it back up mate you can use plain open atv aswell I had a simular problem my supplier told me same up until some vip members said the same as I've posted
I think his supplier meant that his box doesn't really have enough processor to run all the extra bells and whistles as well as IPTV smoothly.
That was how I read it anyway.

I think his supplier meant that his box doesn't really have enough processor to run all the extra bells and whistles as well as IPTV smoothly.
Hi..

My supplier is usually pretty good but he's saying that my box isn't up to the job really as iptv probably takes more memory etc than sat lines as it's streaming constantly..he's suggested a basic build to see if there's any improvement.

One major problem though I have literally gigabytes of recordings on both boxes if I re initialize my USB drives I'll probably lose them all..there's too much to back up I think.

Is that def the case though if anyone knows.... ? Found openatv 6.3 last night was thinking of trying.

Also in the past I always had glitches even when running sat lines and despite fibre 30mb plus download speed and home plugs on both boxes I've never had things running smooth completely.

My provider says he runs iptv on h2s with no issues.

Hi..

My supplier is usually pretty good but he's saying that my box isn't up to the job really as iptv probably takes more memory etc than sat lines as it's streaming constantly..he's suggested a basic build to see if there's any improvement.

One major problem though I have literally gigabytes of recordings on both boxes if I re initialize my USB drives I'll probably lose them all..there's too much to back up I think.

Is that def the case though if anyone knows.... ? Found openatv 6.3 last night was thinking of trying.

Also in the past I always had glitches even when running sat lines and despite fibre 30mb plus download speed and home plugs on both boxes I've never had things running smooth completely.

My provider says he runs iptv on h2s with no issues.
The star2s is an old spec box you could get a h2s or better box depending on budget really so he probably right that it could be box but can't see it been image related just uninstall plugins you won't use

The star2s is an old spec box you could get a h2s or better box depending on budget really so he probably right that it could be box but can't see it been image related just uninstall plugins you won't use
Ive very few plugins on it already as stripped it back to the basics provider uses xtream editor there are 4 plugins associated with it but very little else. Its the freezing, sound and going out of sync etc...tried changing player to ext3player made no difference apparently that worked fro some people.

Frustrating when you can't watch anything the whole way through and thats no exaggeration.

I'm thinking of changing the box/es...I want the option of a twin tuner as well as need to record stuff a lot.

I've had a bit of progress deleted a few plugins and changed service app to ext3player.

Movies playing better seems smoother but I've lost the epg..the epgs from xtream editor by provider...is there anyway to still keep epg and use the extra player..if anyone knows...?

Cheers...

James

Yes def is takes ages to boot up..but I've managed to get things running a bit better using ext player but no epg..so def considering a new box preferably twin tuner...h9 maybe...?

We've one upstairs and one down with multi sub..but could put up with one box for a while only prob would be no epg then can't record...?

Yes had epg setup from provider just went into xe and bouquets etc are setup just usually import epg from there..works fine..it's missing as ive changed player but thought that seemed to be common...? Great if I could keep ext player and also have epg them 90% of probs solved....

Back