GrogBuild Openvix Nas drive issue

cactikid

VIP Member
Prefix above dont work and using OPENVIX

I have an old wd hooked upto router where i moved stuff from box to it to free up space.

Last night i logged into it and only see 3 movies and other directories dont show anything.

Space is small as i know 80% is used but where if not seeing.

Cannot login on pc until i find my password.

I have it mounted on my et 10000 but only 3 recordings visible yet loads of space taken , can you view files and pc as not checked there as need my login to gain access.

nas.jpg

How to plug it in????
It's an internal drive,?
and you don't have a caddy,?
How is it plugged into the router,?

problemo, ,,,,

I'm not even sure if a Windows PC would be able to read it over the network if it's an ext drive,
So you know what format it is,?

It's an internal drive,?
and you don't have a caddy,?
How is it plugged into the router,?

problemo, ,,,,

I'm not even sure if a Windows PC would be able to read it over the network if it's an ext drive,
So you know what format it is,?
windows should be able to read it, ie I can use network browser to read the files on my E2 box hdd without a probem, a Nas should be no different should it?

Back again on my ET 10000 i see my WD and was able to get in to see my other hidden recordings but cannot see them using Webif

Enable samba on box and file sharing on windows. You should be able to access box via windows explorer on left goto network
Its not really a problem for me,
I use Linux, I only booted my windows partition to see if I could access my boxes, all works fine on Linux for me.
I honestly never knew you could see an ext HDD on windows,

Back