Openvix new version h9s problem

Just installed newest version of openvix on my h9s and when try connect via putty it won't connect to the box just says connecting to my ip please wait any ideas what I can do , openatv doesn't do anything like this just via trying to putty over jedi maker script

I'd set up a static IP on the H9 first, then power down the H9, router and modem. Power back on and try putty again.

Be aware the first thing you need to do in putty is give the image a password or problems like this can occur. Because the script will be writing to the image and it wont be able to if you have not set a password its a security thing.

Yes done it with same ip just says connecting

I've read somewhere I need to put a password before I can connect to the box on newer images is that correct not sure how I'd do that if I need to

And when I set password up what I need to do from then as I've set password and still the same won't connect
Just checking your using telnet correctly

Instructions for putty:

Putty can be downloaded at
Code:
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html

open Putty, and in the HostName (or IP address) box enter the enigma2 boxes IP address, and then click the Telnet radio button and click open

screenshot-132-png.28837

And then log in using the word, root and add your password.

Even without a password, you can connect to box using Putty. How else would you be able to set a password by Putty or any other telnet program/method?

Common problem is:
People forget to click on the telnet option and leave it as ssh.

Are you able to connect to to the box using Putty. If not, post following pictures:
IP address on box
Settings used to connect to box on Putty
Result/error when trying to connect

I've set password up when it says login I put root but when type password In says incorrect I've set up random password but comes login incorrect

Back