Openvpn causing slow internet connection

Jay333

hello
I've set up my surfshark vpn on my solo2 running vix and is connected by ethenet. Everything is working but my speed drops from 80mb to about 10-15mb max when openvpn is active. It's causing stuttering with iptv on this box, my android devices and laptop connected to same location and they loose about 5mb and work flawlessly. any help would be appreciated

Select a location closest to where you are mate and speeds shouldn't drop as much
Ive selected closest one to me, and I've also tried others in europe and get same speeds roughly. I've also noticed the ping goes from like 30ms to 80 ms

My solo2 using windscribe vpn drops from about 100Mbps to 12Mbps. But using windscribe on pc it only drops to about 90Mbps. Something is not right!

I had the same issue also with Surfshark and other vpn’s, solution was to buy a decent router

You are running a single threaded client (OpenVPN) on a slow MIPS CPU with no hardware acceleration, the speeds you are seeing are perfectly normal for this type of box. It would be faster with IPSec if your provider supports this.

Back