Openwebif question?

channelking

Hi guys

Just wanted to ask if it possible to stream channels from box on to tablet and android phone?

Can it also be played from these devices on to the TV at all?

Thanks

Have S4 would it work on that and could I then stream to TV if possible?

Stupid question I know but sport I want to watch cant on main box, so just want to see if can play stream via openwebif from free tuner that is not being used.

So you want
Box1 > Phone> Different TV
That is not possible. Better to get another receiver ( does not have to have a tuner or have any signal wires connected to it) and do
Box1> Box 2 > TV connected to box2

So from dream player you can stream from openwebif?
It interacts directly with box, it does not use the interface perse.

I use dreamdroid.

I can cast from my phone to my TV,
so, in effect, can do exactly that, but have never felt the need to, if your TV has cast ability, then it can probably stream direct anyway.
the only other way I can see it working is if you have USB to HDMI capability from your device to TV

in openwebif if you go to your boquets via the interface you can also turn your channels into a m3u playlist, which can be used in any app or player that can read m3u files, so in my household I have a android box in my bedroom that has perfect player installed on it that can read the m3u file of your boquests and I stream my vm channels this way. Works really well especially if you also add the files for the epg to it, though the epg side of things has to be updated every now and then.

Also on android you can use dream4droid which also works fine as its the frontend and just pics your channels and epg direct from the box, the only thing I'd say is if you box is on the low end scale for raw power hd channels will lag like a bitch, but sd is fine, dream4droid or any m3u player works fine with openwebif.

Thank you for the advice guys.

Ye have read slave receiver good way of streaming from main box.

Tried micro HDMI from phone to tv works ok but not great.

Wonder if using cast apps like allcast would play streams from bouquets to tv. Think might not as m

It is a newer tv. Not sure about cast support.

Actually come to think of it I played something from YouTube from the phone other day and has cast button and had tv model name. So guessing cast is in tv. Don't think Chromecast but basic cast support.

It is a newer tv. Not sure about cast support.

Actually come to think of it I played something from YouTube from the phone other day and has cast button and had tv model name. So guessing cast is in tv. Don't think Chromecast but basic cast support.
My tv same I can cast from YouTube on phone to TV

Back