OpenWebIf remote

marknewham

Anyone got the full remote to work when browsing through web to my box? It displays the full remote fine but some of the buttons dont work (like epg button) I know I can access the epg separately through openwebif but I want a screen grab of the epg from within openwebif as well as the full functionality of the remote...

What image are you using? Mine works fine ont he cloud ibox using VIX, although you need to click refresh when you select all channels from EPG. Not sure if its the same process on Zgemma, but I'm assuming it is as its Openwebif

Sucmnsee's vix image.

The remote loads fine and the epg works through the browser but not the the screen grab page if that makes sense

My screen grab EPG works fine, but as I say, need to hit refresh button near bottom of screen grab page after you press epg on the screen remote

I think it's a problem with the OpenWebif page and the Zgemma box - If you press towards the bottom right side of the right cursor on the onscreen full remote it then shows the EPG on the screen grab. Happens like that on OpenATV anyway.....

(I've also noticed you can click just below the epg button and the box zaps up a channel :whacko: )

Think I might be getting there with this......

The picture of the remote displayed in the web page has an associated xml file that contains the pixel grid references of the buttons on the picture mapped to a function and there isn't one for the EPG. I've tried to edit the files and failed, does anyone have a different Enigma2 box that they can check and advise the function the button should be mapped to? Those I'm able to view from google don't have an EPG function mapped either?

File Path:
usr/share/enigma2/rc_models/zgemma2

rc.png and rcpositions.xml

Pressing the OK button fetches up the TV guide but not the full EPG

Last edited:
On cloud ibox there is no psoition referenced int he xml file for EPG either, but it works when pressing on openwebif - weird?

---------- Post Merged at 09:21 PM ----------

There are 2 bouquet references in the xml file, but no bouquet button on image of remote - could this be it?

There's also a remote.html file with co-ordinates in so not sure how this works now. I've just noticed on GitHub there was an update to these files for the Zgemma 6days ago, have copied them across but not noticed any difference....

Thanks for looking BTW Snapper93 :-)

---------- Post Merged at 11:05 PM ----------

Sussed it - it is the html file. I'll prepare a fix and upload here :willy nilly:

---------- Post Merged at 11:35 PM ----------

Download the file, extract from the zip, then copy via ftp/ssh to usr/share/enigma2/rc_models/zgemma1

Refresh your browser and it should be ok.

I've only checked the following buttons - EPG, Back, Info, Exit, Menu. Others may need fixing too but I need sleep so if I get chance will have a look over the weekend. This will work no matter what image you're using. :willy nilly:

Last edited:
Another html file here This one has all the co-ordinates entered correctly. I couldn't find out what to map the Fav and Sleep buttons to but all the other buttons have been checked and are now working. :woohoo:

The patch should be on Github soon so will eventually feed into all builds :cool_smiley:

Patch now on Github.... should be merged within 24hrs so if you're on a nightly build you'll soon get the fix automatically

Last edited:
Back