OUT OF DATE IMAGE

geoffsnook

Hi everyone just went to update my vu duo and it said via armchair update that my image was to old to update so asked me if i wanted to flash the newer image now here's where it gets hard for me as it asks if i want to backup on HDD or USB if i did either would it save my line and could i just restore my line from the backup i made as i usually get it wrong and have to ask my line supplier for help lol any info would be good oh and i am running open atv 6.2 with a cable set up
Thanks

Hi everyone just went to update my vu duo and it said via armchair update that my image was to old to update so asked me if i wanted to flash the newer image now here's where it gets hard for me as it asks if i want to backup on HDD or USB if i did either would it save my line and could i just restore my line from the backup i made as i usually get it wrong and have to ask my line supplier for help lol any info would be good oh and i am running open atv 6.2 with a cable set up
Thanks
what do you want to update to open atv 6.3 thats the newest or do you want wooshbuild infinity over your 6.2 or any other image let me know

Which would be the best for a novice to deal with please
if you just want to update to 6.3 blue button/ flash online/green button/ and flash 6.3 i have wooshbuild infinity on mine you still have to flash open atv then when it gets to the hdmi section you go to your computer and then (follow the instructions from section 1) if you need any help let me know which ever you do you will still have to put your line in with filezilla but if you flash infinity you can save line and tuner settings then when you update in the future you just restore settings when asked when you have to update again have a read here http://www.techkings.org/threads/wooshbuild-infinity-for-all-enigma2-boxes.140702/

So how would i back up my line as this is where i usually get stuck i know its in temp and keys but i never manage to get it back in lol

I would suggest to make a folder on desktop pc with name of box and to copy files from box to file
Filezilla client is a pc program for moving these files from box to pc and back again.
Depending on cam in use and image in use depends where it is saved so note where its coming from
Openvix image using a CWS line will be in usr/keys folder containing 2 files
Newcamd.list and the other is Mg_cfg and both are needed to be sent to folder on pc.
Clines using the CCcam will be found in the etc folder under CCcam.cfg ,save that to pc

If your image is old restoring may not be compatible with new image, i do have old copies of previous images saved to internal hdd.
My preference is setup from scratch and remember to always save line data.
If using cable note down what setting you are using as things get changed and memory can play tricks.

How to get your line off your box using file explorer

Click file explorer on your laptop
Down the left hand side you will see all your files
Keep scrolling down until you see network
Click on network
You should now see your box ie vuduo
Double click on the box name
You will now see 2 folders Harddisk (this is the usb that is in the back of the box) and root (this is the insides of your box)
Double click on root
Then usr/keys (on atv) In there you should see a Newcamd.list file or a Cccam file (these are your line details)
Drag your line over to your desktop

Make a folder as @cactikid suggested, then you will always have it saved.

To get the line back on the box, it is the same but this time you are dragging your line from your desktop and putting it in usr/keys

If you mean through network on laptop/pc for sky I put sky and password same virgin would probably be virgin username virgin password

got passed that but cant see anything that looks like what either newcam or ccam all i see is stuff relating to oscam

So you're box is using oscam to view channels?

Backup the whole oscam folder in usr/keys Then when reflashed start oscam and add oscam.server to the oscam folder on box.

Be sure that you are using oscam on the box first before reflashing.

Back