out with Q and in with new ?

Jewell

Im finally pulling the plug !

Im after a 4k freesat box that i can add iptv to later - wife likes the Sky UI so thats a consideration

I need some reccomendations on boxes to purchase - cost isnt priority as used to paying £30 per month for std package :-(

TIA

Any 4k E2 box will both run freesat and IPTV as well as let you install a Sky skin.

Do you record freesat at all? if so you need to make sure it's a twin tuner box.

I always thought the Zgemma H7S was a good box, but I am sure others will give there recommendations, there are also a few threads on this forum already with 'best box' suggestions

Edit: forgot to mention, if you've had Sky Q then you will need to change the LNB on your dish.

Last edited:
Take a look at the Octagon SF8008 Twin best value for money out there, but you'd need to run an external HDD or usb for recordings.

Other option, although more expensive with internal harddrives would be the Gigablue UE or the AX HD61.

If you want a sky look you could install the willowbuild on any of the above or just a base image with a sky look screen if you want to keep things minimalistic .

Last edited:
Any 4k E2 box will both run freesat and IPTV as well as let you install a Sky skin.

Do you record freesat at all? if so you need to make sure it's a twin tuner box.

I always thought the Zgemma H7S was a good box, but I am sure others will give there recommendations, there are also a few threads on this forum already with 'best box' suggestions

Edit: forgot to mention, if you've had Sky Q then you will need to change the LNB on your dish.
thanks for that , ive read somewhere that if i go for a 4k system i shouldnt have to change the LMB ?

Take a look at the Octagon SF8008 Twin best value for money out there, but you'd need to run an external HDD or usb for recordings.

Other option, although more expensive with internal harddrives would be the Gigablue UE or the AX HD61.

If you want a sky look you could install the willowbuild on any of the above or just a base image with a sky look screen if you want to keep things minimalistic .
thanks Ferret - any reccomendations on where to purchase online ?

thanks for that , ive read somewhere that if i go for a 4k system i shouldnt have to change the LMB ?
A sky Q LNB won't work with any of the boxes mentioned. It will need swapping out for a Universal LNB as the cheapest option. I assume its a sky dish so a sky universal lnb will be the best option to match the dish shape.

I've no regrets upgrading from my Zgemma H7 to the faster Gigablue Quad 4K. I highly recommend this box, especially if you have the money.

My Dad has the Gigablue UE UHD, which is another great box and the same as the Quad 4K, minus a few hardware trimmings.

However, if it's channel content you're after, then a Viark type receiver, which normally comes with IPTV, might be better, but they're slower and the UI isn't great in comparison.

Last edited:
Back