Outlook / Possible IPTV Issue Help please?

slimmy46

Hi all, Thanks for looking in, ok it's a biggy so apologies before i start ok - Virgin Media has adopted a controversial policy of using a spamhaus CSS listing to block outgoing emails via their SMTP servers, and this is unabling me to use my ntlworld email on Outlook.
I can receive but cannot send out? All i get is the constant popping up of the window showing my smtp, username and password fields all filled in and every time i click "Ok" it just pops up again.
I have managed to set another two email addresses up in Outlook but i work with 3 emails - (so only have two currently) i chose IMAP Route as i have numerous sub folders i wanted to keep in the event of having to set up email again at anytime, my history of emails would come back.
I took it upon myself to go on The Virgin Community Forum to resolve this, but wasn't best pleased with the outcome - basically i have been informed Spambot is working through a compromised device and listed on Spamhaus website after sumitting my IP it comes back as listed as CSS and XBL (What does that mean?) Well having researched it means A device or an app on a device that is using your IP address is infected, insecure or compromised. It is making SMTP connections with forged HELO values on port 25.
So yeh basically my Firestick with IPTV On it, the info continues - There is a proxy installed on a device that is using your IP address to send spam DIRECTLY to the internet via port 25. This is most often seen on Android-based mobiles, streaming devices,etc; Consider the implications of a proxy on your network that is running an SMTP relay without your knowledge: spam is what Spamhaus sees coming from it, but proxies can be used for all sorts of malicious activities, and they are inside your firewall.
Can anyone please advise in basic terms please?, i have an alternative from an email perspective which is simply use the website for virgin email to send, but it's not always practical, another solution is to go into all sub folders holding my emails from ntl account and go to the relevant sites from them emails and update my contact settings to my gmail or hotmail thus any further emails will go to and be replied to from them email addresses rather than the ntl account - rendering ntl obsolete after 20 years!
If anyone has a solution to this i would be eternally greatful, ideally i just wanted to have all 3 emails working in one client "Outlook" but it appears because of the CSS and XB Listed this won't be possible unless the side app is uninstalled or the firestick is reformatted.
Any help on this would b greatly appreciated
Kind Regards
Slimmy46

"Pulling my hair out!" I can see why : very complicated ; I don't really have any advice on the email side of things :: I would just go with the easy option and Re-jig the Firestick....

"Pulling my hair out!" I can see why : very complicated ; I don't really have any advice on the email side of things :: I would just go with the easy option and Re-jig the Firestick....
Thanks smiffy46, just bugging me why the email set up is rejecting, when it sets up other IMAP emails, Virgin tightening the screw down me thinks mate.

ntl was obsolete a long time ago
I really dont understand why anyone would use an ISPs email address,
it kinda locks you to them, not to even start on the privacy issues of having your emails available for public consumption

ntl was obsolete a long time ago
I really dont understand why anyone would use an ISPs email address,
it kinda locks you to them, not to even start on the privacy issues of having your emails available for public consumption
Hi Steptoe cheers for posting, i have my sons email under my account, gmail and hotmail are suffice for me to be fair, can i delete ny email from Virgin Media? and if so would that impact on his email?

I have an NTL email addy and a VM one -- both working fine... (NTL are IMAP ; VM is a POP)
Yeh trouble on mine smiffy46 is i apparently have a device on my network sending spam down port 25, so Virgin have stopped me sending email through an email client (Outlook) tried setting ntl email via IMAP, but no koy, i've jumped to hotmail and gmail now, i'd like to delete my ntl email completely if honest but unsure if it would effect my sons virginmedia mail as he is one of the free (10) emails you can create under your account. (y)

Back