Page loading speed of Techkings.

id agree with what wheelo says, page takes a fewseconds to start kicking in to load, on IE8

hope this is of some help

when posting though its very quick!

I'm finding the pages are extremely slow to open under IE7. I have tried on 4 different systems today all running IE7 & it's really painful.

I haven't got a machine handy with Firefox so I haven't tried that.

-

today for me is like pulling teeth, g man created a thread, i responded and again the page refreshed( about 5 minutes) i was the 5th post on the thread.
the quickest page turnover seems to be around 1 minute today, i know this is not good news, but i hope it helps.

today for me is like pulling teeth, g man created a thread, i responded and again the page refreshed( about 5 minutes) i was the 5th post on the thread.
the quickest page turnover seems to be around 1 minute today, i know this is not good news, but i hope it helps.

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem today too. In fact it's never been so bad.

I know H is both aware of & trying different solutions so all we can do is bare with him.

It is very difficult to track this down across all browser types & especially without having to remove some of the nice additions to this forum.

Patients I guess (y)

-

G, thanks for the reply, I have posted in here a couple of times, i just thought that H wanted up to date info, i know that he is on top of it, i mean the amount of work he has done here in just over 100 days is phenomenal..
(I am reading this and it sounds sarcastic... I am sorry if it does, it isn't meant to be)

I just thought i'd shed abit of light and say that i'm not having any problems viewing pages. On the odd occasion it may just take a little while for the reply box to show at the bottom of a thread. But patience is necessary and good luck with fixing it HiTeck.

Not taken as being sarcastic wheelo ;), problem is down to funding ATM, we are on a shared server so page loading speed will vary, once we have more guests browsing the forum clicking the adds etc this will then bring us more income so that we can move to a dedicated server which can be quite expensive. Wheelo, have you tried using firefox as your browser?, give it a try and see if makes any difference.

hi teck, stupid question i know. firefox is an internet browser, but not by microsoft. is it as easy to use as IE7?, is it a freeware? and i have seen it here somewhere to download,( I will search) finally, should i delete the IE7 or keep it as an alternative browser?
thanks in advance
wheelo

thanks hiteck and ferg for the link( i would have found it:)) I just changed over and the speed is about 10 times better if not more.
thanks again for your help

HiTeck i am starting to see some noticeable delays, especially when posting, it can take up to 30 seconds to post my thread. i am running the latest final edition of FF

Back