Painting straight lines/ Cutting in

Im pretty good with a cutting in brush but in high to reach areas where im too stretched for accuracy i just use frog tape. Always decent lines.

I'll try this though for sure. Although id pull the switch from the wall and paint behind in this instance probably quicker than tape.

It was the paint line down the architrave I was trying to highlight.
I always loosen the screws on sockets and switches so I can get the brush behind them and also tape round them.

Picked up a handy tip from Youtube for painting razor sharp straight lines.
Apply masking tape where you want the line and then run a very thin bead of caulk along the edge and wipe off.
Paint straight away and remove the tape immediately.

View attachment 71708
I don't paint this part with the architraves, I paint it with the wall, Eg if wall where switch is is green, that edge of the architrave is green, just the face of it is glossed white or whatever colour

Mrs Willo paid a 'so called' professional decorator to do our whole house a few years ago and he made a totally shit job of it.
He can't have done any prep and he has painted over all of the hinges and got paint on the door handles and his cutting in is rubbish.
I am going to go through the house room by room and make a job of it. It will take ages but but at least it will be nice.

Mrs Willo paid a 'so called' professional decorator to do our whole house a few years ago and he made a totally shit job of it.
He can't have done any prep and he has painted over all of the hinges and got paint on the door handles and his cutting in is rubbish.
I am going to go through the house room by room and make a job of it. It will take ages but but at least it will be nice.
I smell a rat :whistle: Any shenanigans one asks :sneaky:

Lads new house was masked up with roll of decorators polythene and walls and and ceilings etc were all sprayed.
Probably cut the labour time down by about 75%.👍👍👍
The problem with spraying is you can't touch up,
Good mate of mine is a painter, he recommends spraying as a first/2nd coat, but will always final coat with a roller/brush, as that way it can be touched up if needed.

Back