panasonic TX-L42E6B USB question

Carcosa

Hi all,
Sorting a flash drive out for this TV, for a friend.
I've got a new Kingston 16GB to use for watching added files...movies etc.
Would just like to know from any Panasonic users (I'm fully aware this set was made in 2013) if this TV needs to format the flash drive itself first, or if I am good to go and take them a preloaded stick?
I'm not exactly local to them, hence why I'm not doing it in situ so to speak.
Your time and efforts are, as always, appreciated!
C.

most TVs do their own format, which sometimes makes the stick unusable in a windows PC
windows cant 'see' very many filetypes

you could try google.

To use it to view media you just format with windows. The tv only formats a drive when your going to use it to record tv programmes but you can’t do that with flash drives anyway.

although I have a later model the rule of thumb is to insert drive first into TV and it will let you know if it TV that is needs to format drive but every drive I have used let's you view content straight off...

although I have a later model the rule of thumb is to insert drive first into TV and it will let you know if it TV that's needs to format drive but every drive I have used let's you view content straight off...
Panasonic TVs wont format unless you’re recording to it from the tv but you have to have a physical drive to do that anyway so it won’t let you even if you want to on a flash drive.

To use it to view media you just format with windows. The tv only formats a drive when your going to use it to record tv programmes but you can’t do that with flash drives anyway.
That's great info...thank you! Am I formatting to fat32 as usual?

Cheers for the heads-up...that's very helpful!
Have you tried any Kingston drives straight-off?
You can just use the stick as it comes, I’ve used Kingston in the past with no issues when you insert the drive into the usb a notification will come up on the tv and you just go to the location and a list of thumbnails appear for whatever you’ve got on there

A big thank you to @gibbletts @steptoe and @grouser for your responses and guidance...you have answered my queries admirably :emoji_(y):
Your help is very much appreciated and this is one of the many reasons why Techkings rules!
Respect and best wishes all.

Panasonic TVs wont format unless you’re recording to it from the tv but you have to have a physical drive to do that anyway so it won’t let you even if you want to on a flash drive.
Yes I'm aware of that,but I thought the OP wanted to play recorded files and not record from TV,which as you rightly state needs a powered hard drive and mine as to be over 300 mb to do so

Back